Reeve: Napheesa still trying to figure it out | The Boneyard

Reeve: Napheesa still trying to figure it out

Reaction Score
IMHO, Pheesa is going to have to improve her mid range and 3pt range jump shot in order to be great in the WNBA. She will struggle in the paint against bigger, quicker, and smarter post players of the WNBA if she can't force them to step out and guard her around the 3 pt line.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Collier’s Position Change Adds Another Layer To Her WNBA Adjustment - Minnesota Lynx
“She knows how to play without the ball. She’s still trying to carve out what her role is. We went through the first part of it and probably up until today she was just doing what she’s supposed to do as opposed to now, go get involved,” Reeve said. “I thought she did that today and we’re going to continue to go down that path with her. That’s important. If you just stand in the corner and wait for that to come to you, you’re probably not going to get many shots.”

"Reeve recognizes that as well. She’s not trying to completely change Collier as a player, just add to her arsenal. The more versatile Collier can become, the more she’ll be able to play."

“I don’t want to tear the house down type of thing because it maybe doesn’t look great right now, but she’ll figure it out, she’ll get more and more comfortable, but it is hard,” said Reeve.

Reaction Score
IMHO, Pheesa is going to have to improve her mid range and 3pt range jump shot in order to be great in the WNBA. She will struggle in the paint against bigger, quicker, and smarter post players of the WNBA if she can't force them to step out and guard her around the 3 pt line.
Agreed. That was the rap on her going into the draft and why I worried. Samuelson's game was pro ready. But remember Pheesa spent four years doing the job Geno assigned her and doing it well. It is going to take time and work to alter her game for WNBA but my money is on her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
After listening to Cheryl Reeve in these mini press interviews, how confident are you that Collier is in good hands, and will grow and flourish under her guidance and coaching?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
"Shepard is the type of player who makes her living on hustle plays to the degree that sometimes you look at the box score and the numbers totally surprise you."

Ain't that the truth. So many times that I looked at a box score and was like "Wait, Jess has a double-double already?"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom