Reese to LSU | The Boneyard

Reese to LSU

Reaction Score
it looks like TN and LSU could give some competition to SC in the SEC

Reaction Score
So doesn't this add to the speculation that Martinez was backing out of her previous commitment. It seems like she made the initial move and then Kim discovered she was in the hunt for Angel, and Martinez may have felt betrayed.

Reaction Score
it looks like TN and LSU could give some competition to SC in the SEC
The SEC has some awesome coaches and I do like Kim, Dawn and Kelly. Congratulations to them on using the portal to help benefit their teams. UConn landed a guard, which was needed. Was hoping on a post player as well. But I don't follow that transfer closely. Would not know if there is anyone that Geno would still be interested in.

Another thing to consider with Kim adding Reese does this help with her recruitment of Mikaylah Williams. Yes, I know that she is listed as a guard. But this coach knows how to get players especially close to home ones.

Back to the SEC for a second damn they have some big time coaches. Kudos for that conference. Am happy that the Big East didn't loose any of their young star coaches.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The SEC has some awesome coaches and I do like Kim, Dawn and Kelly. Congratulations to them on using the portal to help benefit their teams. UConn landed a guard, which was needed. Was hoping on a post player as well. But I don't follow that transfer closely. Would not know if there is anyone that Geno would still be interested in.

Another thing to consider with Kim adding Reese does this help with her recruitment of Mikaylah Williams. Yes, I know that she is listed as a guard. But this coach knows how to get players especially close to home ones.

Back to the SEC for a second damn they have some big time coaches. Kudos for that conference. Am happy that the Big East didn't loose any of their young star coaches.
I dont think it had a direct impact on Williams, but it does show Kim can still recruit talent to a relatively unproven program. And if LSU makes big strides the next 2 years, it'll be an attractive landing spot for a lot of talented kids.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I dont think it had a direct impact on Williams, but it does show Kim can still recruit talent to a relatively unproven program. And if LSU makes big strides the next 2 years, it'll be an attractive landing spot for a lot of talented kids.
LSU just got better with the Reese commitment. I think you're absolutely correct. LSU is quickly becoming a coveted program for the elite players in the country. Mulkey is a magnet. Reese was the No. 1 player in ESPN's unsigned transfer rankings after leading the Terps in scoring (17.8 PPG) and rebounding (10.6 RPG) as a sophomore in 2021-22, marking a huge get for second-year LSU coach Kim Mulkey.

1651874350633.png

Angel Reese
Mulkey would recruit well no matter where she went. The fact that LSU is in the SEC doesn't hurt either. A top 5 program for next year? Some folks think so. Kim has rekindled fan interest in the Lady Tiger WBB program. I'd like to see LSU on UConn's preseason schedule going forward every year. Mulkey is working that portal. If she had to build her program the conventional way (with elite HS recruits and transfers that had to sit out a year), it would take her another 2 years to be where she is now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Idk if it would help but I imagine the success and hype the LSU program recently has had would help more than anything, other than the fact that LSU is in her home state. Plus Kim is the HC now and so there is a much stronger selling point these days to keep the top talent in the state. The fact that they won 26 games this past year, best SEC finish in 15 years and was top 8 in attendance speaks volumes. More fans attended games this season than the last 4 COMBINED.

Under Fargas, it felt like all the top recruits kept leaving the state for years. Kim personally plucked quite a few under her watch, most recently Moon Ursin and Kalani Brown.

I hope LSU can keep Williams home but nothing is guaranteed in recruiting. Especially in this day with NIL involved, things just get more complicated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom