Redshirt (or not) notes... | The Boneyard

Redshirt (or not) notes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
1) Foxx is dressing for Fordham - not a shocker, but a little disappointing that we couldn't fill out that position enough with the incumbents.

2) That young LB core might just end up ridiculous. Vann, Ashiru, and Osiecki on the 2-deep, and Smallwood starting? Love it. Where is Opoku, though?

Anyone else see anything interesting?

Reaction Score
young LB's are very exciting, I think a lot here were wondering the same about Opoku only time will tell...

Reaction Score
Smallwood was running with the 1's in the Saturday practice, and getting an earful from Brown. I sense that they think he can be really good.

Foxx may dress, but I don't think he'll play unless there are injuries.

Reaction Score
Smallwood was running with the 1's in the Saturday practice, and getting an earful from Brown. I sense that they think he can be really good.

Foxx may dress, but I don't think he'll play unless there are injuries.

With the coaching transition, we will burn more redshirts than you would like this year. Besides those on the two deep, I expect to be using Abrams as well.

Reaction Score
I think redshirts are good when:
1) the kid needs a year to get stronger and acclimated to the college 'speed' of the game and
2) the position is full of veterans that are as skilled

Coaches should play to win 'NOW', too many other factors for 'next year'...injuries, transfers etc etc

Reaction Score
I think the most importnat positions to redshirt are OL, DL, QB, and LB (in that order). If a true frosh is ready to contribute at a skill position, and will play meaningful minutes (not mop up duty), then get him on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom