Redemption for Robert Burton | The Boneyard

Redemption for Robert Burton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A lot of people (and the media) trashed the guy when he asked for his money back from UConn because he had no faith in their selection of PP as the next head coach. I highly doubt that we will see a public "I told you so" from him, but after 3 miserable seasons of football it is clear that Burton is far more than a spoiled millionaire that just held a grudge against P.

Reaction Score
We have to admit he was right. He had first hand knowledge. His son played for coach P.

Reaction Score
He's an idiot with money to burn, but he's our idiot. He was more upset about not being in the room then he was about the decision. I say WM should keep him out of the room.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Manual should call him this week to let him know that we want his input. You don't have to give him veto authority, obviously but now is the perfect time to show him he is valued.

Reaction Score
He was right. Hathaway is the one who made his letter public. He knows a lot more about football than many of us gave him credit for. WM should call him and get his input for sure.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Did Burton go overboard yes, but he didn't release the letter - UConn AD leaked it. I'd definitely let him in the room to pick the next HC and ask him to bring his checkbook too... haha

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That he was right doesn't mean he didn't come across as a spoiled . But yes, he was right.

I agree. And I've also wondered whether or not that actually PUSHED Hathaway to make the decision that he had made. So even if he was right, he may have been the source of the last three years inadvertently...

Reaction Score
That he was right doesn't mean he didn't come across as a spoiled . But yes, he was right.
He gave million to UConn when he did not have to. That's not spoiled. Id rather think he was totally disrespected, and the Admin pre-wired the outcome through McHugh. The ;ine that "CT football coaches endorse him" translates into McHugh wanted him. There was no real selection process, just a going through the motions. He could have handled it better, but I think the complete disregard coupled with a faux process probably spurred him to less then tactful positioning.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm with ya, Blue. Hathaway severely mishandled him, thus the written response. I'm actually quite glad to have folks like Burton pulling for UConn (assuming he still is).

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Just stroke the guys ego for Christ sake. Call him, have a hour long conversation with him and tell him you value guys input. The guy was our biggest donor and the incompetent Hathaway ran him off.

As others have said, he doesn't need veto power but it's not like his position on P was so radical.

It pains me to say it, but Cuse fans were jumping with joy the day we hired P and it played out exactly as they predicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom