Red Storm ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Red Storm ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Took the better part of three minutes for us to score a basket. Not the kind of start we were hoping for.
  2. A pair of Hawk threes fix that pretty quickly.
  3. And a T on Newton dials the good mood back again.
  4. Newton's foot to Soriano's nads while drawing the foul!
  5. Joey's back! Refer back to my ThoughtZ™ post from the last game, when Joey swished one late in the game.
  6. Less than 9 minutes into the game, and there's been 40 points scored.
  7. Refs very active, but haven't seen any outlandishly bad calls yet. Still, they're making it into a FT shooting contest.
  8. What a setup Newton to Alleyne to Clingan!
  9. No sooner do I compliment the refs, then Clingan gets tackled taking a shot and there's no call.
  10. What a block by Jackson with a half minute left in the half! Ended up being nulled out and then some on Posh's three, but it was still a great play.
  11. Lead back to 15 three and a half minutes into the 2nd half.
  12. Hawk should have dumped it off to Adama on that break. But we maintained possession and scored, so...
  13. How many Huskies literally on fire today? Pretty much everybody but Karaban.
  14. Refs getting too full of themselves mid-2nd half.
  15. Following Newton's three, when SJ came down court, Sorriano hit Ajax with a forearm to the chin. No call. And Jones stepped out of bounds on the ensuing drive. No Call.
  16. From 6 minutes or so on, I swear it seemed like they called a foul on us every single time StJ brought the ball into the paint.
  17. I don't know who that nasty old blonde behind the announcer was, but I'm dead certain that I'm glad I'm not her husband.
  18. There's either more Husky fans than St John's fans in the building, or even the St John's fans liked that stuff with about 2-1/2 left by AJax just as much as we did. Loudest cheer of the game.
  19. Wow. Karaban is really out of sorts today.
  20. We still don't burn clock very well.
  21. Stats were surprisingly even across the board for the most part, but we shot better and more from deep than the red sperm and dominated steals (8 to 4) and blocks (11 to 3).
  22. How many guys deserved POG consideration today? Probably should go to Hawk, but I'm leaning toward JoeyC, because it's been such a long dry spell for him, and Joey on his game makes us a much more formidable team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I give POTG to Clingan. Those 5 blocks really took any semblance of momentum from SJU until the last 2 minutes. He had 5 blocks in the course of what, 3 or 4 minutes? That's just pure talent.
Ya know, if Clingan gets in the weight room, he could power up like Sanogo on those chip shots that he missed today. I think he’s on the verge of being dominant next year.

Reaction Score
Yes, our prevent offense is abysmal. We have a very hard time burning clock
We were nursing and just got careless, they played frenetic because it was the only chance they thought they had. They are pretty much a bunch of 1 on 1 players out there.

Reaction Score
Yes, our prevent offense is abysmal. We have a very hard time burning clock
The game was over early in the second half and was never in doubt. Sure, the end got a bit ugly and the refs stripped it of any real fluidity for most of second half. I blame it on that. The boys got a bit reckless but both teams were simply running out the clock. The outcome was sealed.

Reaction Score
1677363882241.gif

Reaction Score
Player of the game in my opinion was Andre. When he plays with high energy the rest of the team feeds off him. He is the key to our success.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Correction/clarification on point 16. Rewatched the game and counted.
It wasn't from the 6 minute mark. It was closer to the middle of the half.
From 12:38 to 8:15, St Johns had 9 offensive possessions. We were whistled on 8 of them, 7 of which were in the paint.

Reaction Score
Ya know, if Clingan gets in the weight room, he could power up like Sanogo on those chip shots that he missed today. I think he’s on the verge of being dominant next year.

While there’s no doubt the weight room will help I believe he just needs to take his time. Yesterday that long lob which he made a nice catch on but tried to shoot immediately was a HS move. Just take your time get your feet set, pivot or power dribble if available or just throw it back out to a shooter. It will come with time. I mean one of his misses he got his own rebound and scored it. This missed lefty shouldn’t have happened but 4 of 7 with 6 boards and 5 blocks in 14 is pretty damn good. He’s going to be a good one, already is.

Reaction Score
Newton's foot to Soriano's nads while drawing the foul!
That was awesome. Is that where you got the thread title? lol

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I remember SJ being called Redmen ? I know UMass was. Not defending just checking my memory card.
RE: Redmen. The age of equality demanded that a name more suitable for both the men's AND women's teams be found. Thus, the Red Storm was selected. Seem to recall that it was during Jarvis' reign. But my memory lives in a 77 year old brain, so take what it say's with a grain of salt.

Reaction Score
RE: Redmen. The age of equality demanded that a name more suitable for both the men's AND women's teams be found. Thus, the Red Storm was selected. Seem to recall that it was during Jarvis' reign. But my memory lives in a 77 year old brain, so take what it say's with a grain of salt.
It was because it was interpreted as a Native American slur. It wasn't. They were just named that because they wore red. But the name, coupled with the use of a Native American mascot was enough to get the school to change the name to Red Storm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom