Red Sox / Yankees ALDS series. Who wins? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Red Sox / Yankees ALDS series. Who wins?

Yankees or Red Sox

• Yankees

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Red Sox

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
The series was lost when the Yankees left 8 to 10 runners on base in game one without the benefit of a base hit!
If they could have gotten that hit and steal game one they're up 2-0 going back to NY! If I'm not mistaken they had the bases loaded 2x and 2nd and 3rd once without scoring a run!
Then they would need one out of 2 at home to clinch.
I've said all season they didn't have the starting pitching to win it all, too many ? marks!
Having a tough bullpen doesn't help if the starters give up 4-5 runs in the 1st and 2nd innings!
Houston, Dodgers, Red Sox even Cleveland has better starters than NY!
Also the injuries reshaped their season if they were healthier they wouldn't have fallen so far behind and had a shot at the Division title. Too many important players were lost for large chunks of the season!

Reaction Score
The series was lost when the Yankees left 8 to 10 runners on base in game one without the benefit of a base hit!
If they could have gotten that hit and steal game one they're up 2-0 going back to NY! If I'm not mistaken they had the bases loaded 2x and 2nd and 3rd once without scoring a run!
Then they would need one out of 2 at home to clinch.
I've said all season they didn't have the starting pitching to win it all, too many ? marks!
Having a tough bullpen doesn't help if the starters give up 4-5 runs in the 1st and 2nd innings!
Houston, Dodgers, Red Sox even Cleveland has better starters than NY!
Also the injuries reshaped their season if they were healthier they wouldn't have fallen so far behind and had a shot at the Division title. Too many important players were lost for large chunks of the season!

Way too many excuses. The Yankees lost.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Disappointed that CC decides to blame the umpire Angel Hernandez. I know he is historically rated as very poor and his first base performance last game was very poor but I did not see any squeezing of the strike zone in this game. Not the way I would want to go out as a Yankee (he will not be back next season).

and then Stanton. :(

Reaction Score
Disappointed that CC decides to blame the umpire Angel Hernandez. I know he is historically rated as very poor and his first base performance last game was very poor but I did not see any squeezing of the strike zone in this game. Not the way I would want to go out as a Yankee (he will not be back next season).

Hernandez is the worst ump in baseball. That called third strike to Benintendi to end the inning with the bases loaded wasn't even close. I don't see why they don't just use K-Zone, or whatever it's called, for balls and strikes. We have the technology to overcome these challenges.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Would have rather had the 16-1 game be the clincher, but still, a totally satisfying end to the series. Great win for the Sox and how fun to see them celebrating at Yankee stadium?!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember when the days when the Sox had the better power and the Yanks had the better starters. Who won back then? It's better now.

Reaction Score
Aaron Judge is an EXACT example of why you "let sleeping dogs lie". After his stunt in which he walked by the Sox locker room while playing "New York, New York", Boston outscored the Yankees 20-4 in 2 games at Yankee Stadium! Thank you very much Mr. Judge.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
As someone who hasn't followed baseball for over 20 years I do appreciate some of these posts reminding me exactly why I disliked the Yankees.

Reaction Score
No chance the Red Sox win this series and even less of a chance that NY beats Houston in the ALCS! Houston has a better lineup, by far better starting pitching, and as good of a bullpen as NY.
Your thoughts???????

Reaction Score
Going way out on one of my usual limbs here: SOX IN FOUR. The Fearless Forecaster

Reaction Score

One of the worst umpires in past, but was surprisingly consistent and accurate in Playoffs.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
One of the worst umpires in past, but was surprisingly consistent and accurate in Playoffs.

Wow. Like an old time capsule of mine. It is interesting that there seems to be some newfound interest in this historical event. Actually, I should be embarrassed since it seems the Yankees want to keep CC so I blew another forecast. :oops:

Reaction Score
This Sox team was the dominant team from Spring Training to Game 5 of the World Series. Easily the team of the Century, and rivals the 1998 Yankees team. Team had the MVP (probably 2 of the top 3 in MVP race), multiple gold glove winners, & would have the Cy Young winner, if Sale didnt get hurt in mid-season. Beating the Yankees, Astros, Dodgers by 11-3 was probably the toughest ever road to win the Series....and the most impressive.

Reaction Score
This Sox team was the dominant team from Spring Training to Game 5 of the World Series. Easily the team of the Century, and rivals the 1998 Yankees team. Team had the MVP (probably 2 of the top 3 in MVP race), multiple gold glove winners, & would have the Cy Young winner, if Sale didnt get hurt in mid-season. Beating the Yankees, Astros, Dodgers by 11-3 was probably the toughest ever road to win the Series....and the most impressive.

The fact that JD Martinez was not in the Top 3 MVP balloting is CRIMINAL! Any writer that thought Jose Ramirez(who hit .166 the last 40plus games of the season) is even close to being as valuable to a team as Martinez is, should lose their credentials immediately!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and the Yankees do not seem very serious in making a run after signing CC and Gardner to contracts. :confused:

Reaction Score
and the Yankees do not seem very serious in making a run after signing CC and Gardner to contracts. :confused:

The Yankees are going to look to add pitching(Kluber. Carrasco, Paxton, Corbin, etc) and I still think they make a run at Machado.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom