Red Sox / Yankees ALDS series. Who wins? | The Boneyard

Red Sox / Yankees ALDS series. Who wins?

Yankees or Red Sox

• Yankees

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Red Sox

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I assume this series will generate alot of heat among the BY so why not start a thread / poll.

I say Yankee's in 4 games. The bullpen is too strong.

Reaction Score
1538782306860.png

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Voted for my Yankees. But what do I know - I only watch post-season games, and then not in their entirety.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
. JD Martinez hits 3 run HR. Happ pitching like Crap. :mad::mad:Head bangHead bang

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This is one of those days when my two favorite teams are one: The Red Sox and the team playing the Yankees.

BTW, I don't think they should be playing each other. The rules had been that if the wild card winner was in the same division as the top team, they would shuffle the playoffs so that those two didn't play each other. Not only do we have the Sox and Yanks playing each other, we have the top team playing #3 and the #2 team playing a team with nine fewer wins than the wild card team. MLB should do something about that.

Reaction Score
You know what drives me crazy? And at 71, I'm all ready crazy!
At Fenway the Red Sox fans chant "the Yankees suck, the Yankees suck!"
If that's true the Red Sox fans want to SUCK as bad as the Yankees do. With 27 World Series wins to 9 if the Red Sox win the next 18 World series in a row they can only tie the Yankees total of 27!
Don't they realize how stupid they sound? I guess not!
If ignorance is truly bliss, then those Sox fans are very happy!
I always told my Wrestling teams, the 2x's you keep your mouth shut is when you win & when you lose!
NY Yankees in 5 games!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
More like it. A 6-2 win for a split. Sanchez with 2 HR. One out of the stadium. Never thought that would happen. :)

Reaction Score
the Yankees have to win both at home. If it goes back to Boston, Sale will pitch another masterpiece to win it all

Reaction Score
Even as a diehard Red Sox fan, I have to admit that this series is OVAH and Boston will not make it back to Fenway Park. Boston simply doesn't have the starting pitching, bullpen, or lineup to compete with NY. The Red Sox have struggled(3rd worst OPS in AL) vs good pitching(below 3.50era) all year and the bottom half of their lineup has been utterly abysmal! Yankees easily and end the Red Sox season. NY then gets throttled by Houston in the ALCS.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I have reopened the Poll (until 1hr before game 3) since it is 1-1 and the outcome is hardly guaranteed.

Reaction Score
Even as a diehard Red Sox fan, I have to admit that this series is OVAH and Boston will not make it back to Fenway Park. Boston simply doesn't have the starting pitching, bullpen, or lineup to compete with NY. The Red Sox have struggled(3rd worst OPS in AL) vs good pitching(below 3.50era) all year and the bottom half of their lineup has been utterly abysmal! Yankees easily and end the Red Sox season. NY then gets throttled by Houston in the ALCS.
I’m a Yankee fan and am not even close to writing-off the Red Sox with that hitting line-up! Yankee Stadium, or not, the Yankee road ahead is not the brightest with starting pitching always a question mark. In any event, who ever wins this series is going to beat Houston this time around!!! Count on it!!

Reaction Score
I’m a Yankee fan and am not even close to writing-off the Red Sox with that hitting line-up! Yankee Stadium, or not, the Yankee road ahead is not the brightest with starting pitching always a question mark. In any event, who ever wins this series is going to beat Houston this time around!!! Count on it!!

No chance the Red Sox win this series and even less of a chance that NY beats Houston in the ALCS! Houston has a better lineup, by far better starting pitching, and as good of a bullpen as NY.

Reaction Score
Time will tell...but I still like the chances of both the Red Sox and the Yankees.!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
As I wrote in the Globe today; the Yanks if all cylinders are firing just have too much firepower. At this moment only 2 of their big power hitters are delivering.
One more (Stanton for example) would make it unfair...
They played possum for a while and seemed mediocre after the all-star break, but are rediscovering their swag.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think Yankee fans like myself over estimated our team. Severino laid an egg. Boston decapitating the Yankee's 7-0 top of 4th. :mad:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm still leaning toward the Sox. I'm with Gabbyfan; if the Sox hold on to this one, they have to be the odds-on favorite with Porcello tomorrow and Sale if necessary on Thursday.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The Sox returned to playing like they have throughout the season
I thought they were finished
Very resilient.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yankees down 3-0 bottom of 3rd. :mad:

Online statistics

Members online