Red Sox vs Yankee Podcast | The Boneyard

Red Sox vs Yankee Podcast

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Who’s your team & favorite memory?

Listen to ours and walk through MLB history with guest Tom Caron of NESN.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Here's a few memories.

I'm from a split family but definitely more Yank than Sawx fans. As a Saxw fan........

Sometime in the mid to late 70's taking a church trip to Fenway for a game. We get our seats, a few of the dads disappear for a bit and come back later with some draft beers and game programs with almost every players signature. I got one of those programs and it was cool. Fast forward about 15-20 and digging through stuff in my old bedroom closet I find the program and notice how similar the handwriting was for most of those signatures.

Bucky Dent game. I was 7 or 8 years old and when Yaz popped out to Nettles to end the game my mom, who is a Yank's fan, made a comment about wanting the Yanks to win but didn't want to see Yaz make the last out. I think that was the first time I swore at my mother. That didn't go over well in the household and I'm pretty sure I got my ass whacked along with getting grounded.

During '04 World Series I was in the military and deployed overseas. I got home sometime around early December and my wife showed me our 2 year old son in a Red Sox World Champs shirt. She also showed me the note from my mom saying she couldn't bring herself to buying anything Red Sox related for me, but she could do it for her grandson.

Reaction Score
I've been a Sox fan for a long time. My best memory was the ALCS Game 3 in 1999 when Clemens went against Pedro. The crowd was nuts that day, rabid in fact. Yelling Rogerrrrr, Rogerrrr. He only lasted 2 innings in a 13-1 loss. Pedro was great that day. The Sox went on to lose in 5 games but still good memory. I was fortunate to be at Yaz day, Yaz's last 2 games and Tony C Night but ALCS Game 3 stands out.

My favorite loss to the Yanks was Righetti's no hitter on July 4th, 1983 at Yankee stadium. My friends and I were coming home from a fourth of July weekend party in Tom Rivers NJ. We decided to go see the Sox/Yankees on the way back home in CT. Although it was not fun to see them lose, it was special to see a no hitter. That day was very hot as I recall. It seemed to be easier to get tickets in those days.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Keep them coming. This baseball rivalry pod broke our single day listens record. Could it surpass our Coach Calhoun pod??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom