Red Sox Panic Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Red Sox Panic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
just booked a 9am tee time at the oakley corse in boston for october 5th. im hoping to get some autographs while swinging the clubs.

Reaction Score
You're right, there is much more to baseball than batting average. Ortiz is 3rd in the AL with an OPS of .973. AGon is 4th at .967. Crawford is somewhere ten miles behind with a hideous OPS of .693. Are you still serious?
way to ignore the specific numbers I stated that support exactly what I said originally.

Reaction Score
way to ignore the specific numbers I stated that support exactly what I said originally.

There is no statistical case to be made for supporting the notion that Carl Crawford should never sit against a high quality lefty. None. The #s are that bad and if you occasionally turned on the tv and watched a sox game your eyes would tell you the same thing.

Reaction Score
Rumor mill churning that Francona's job may be on the hook. I, for one, really think that's unfortunate.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Rumor mill churning that Francona's job may be on the hook. I, for one, really think that's unfortunate.
Yeah, if anyone should be fired it's the GM whose recent and not so recent moves have been bad.

Reaction Score
Yeah, if anyone should be fired it's the GM whose recent and not so recent moves have been bad.

Sox can't afford to lose Epstein as a recognizer of talent during the draft process. For all of the bad signings, he's had equal success in the farm system. Plus, I honestly ask you, out of all of those bad contracts, who really expected that Lackey, Crawford, Drew, etc. would be so bad? Not many people...

Reaction Score
I agree, you can really point to the pitching struggles and injuries towards this downturn. Could he have managed games better? Yes. But are there managers out there who are better than Francona for a replacement? Hell no.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Is it the rumor mill or is it just big mouths on the radio?

Reaction Score
Is it the rumor mill or is it just big mouths on the radio?

It's fn ridiculous if either he or Theo is sent packing. The nucleus is solid and a few repairs and they're as good as anyone and a lot better than most.

Still haven't heard a thank you for the Yanks takin 3 of 4 from the Rays.......sorry we couldnt sweep had some hungover guys from clinching the AL East!! LOL:cool:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm really mad the Yankees can't play this pathetic excuse of a ballclub next weekend.

Reaction Score
1 1/2 games now with the Sox pitching Wakefield and Lackey next two games versus Yanks.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Brilliant. The only man alive who can say he managed a world champion Red Sox team and they may consider to canning him.

Reaction Score
Sox can't afford to lose Epstein as a recognizer of talent during the draft process. For all of the bad signings, he's had equal success in the farm system. Plus, I honestly ask you, out of all of those bad contracts, who really expected that Lackey, Crawford, Drew, etc. would be so bad? Not many people...
there was no reason to think JD Drew - age 31 and having never played in more than 140 games in his career -WOULD live up to the deal he was given. that one in particular was pretty easy to predict, actually

i think lackey was probably never better than a 50-50 proposition to begin with. they were just stuck looking for a pitcher in a weak market. lackey was about to be on the wrong side of 30 and already beginning to decline (h/9 going up, k/9 going down). as bad as this ? probably not, but by the same right, expectations for him were probably too high

Reaction Score
Wakefield and Lackey go today. I think we will have a tie in the WC by the end of the day.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wakefield and Lackey go today. I think we will have a tie in the WC by the end of the day.
sinkhole, you've had a ton of opportunities that you've let slip through your fingers the past few weeks.

I want to see the Yanks sweep today because I still would love to see 100 wins (especially in what to be a down year). My guess is that you will end the day ties with the Sox but then need to find a way to win against half a Yankee lineup three days in a row. The wildcard will go to whoever doesn't want it less. It won't matter as neither the Rays nor the Sox will make it through the first round.

Reaction Score
sinkhole, you've had a ton of opportunities that you've let slip through your fingers the past few weeks.

I want to see the Yanks sweep today because I still would love to see 100 wins (especially in what to be a down year). My guess is that you will end the day ties with the Sox but then need to find a way to win against half a Yankee lineup three days in a row. The wildcard will go to whoever doesn't want it less. It won't matter as neither the Rays nor the Sox will make it through the first round.

We sure have missed some chances to a make a move and now we are faced with one last push. Win or lose this is a great learning experience for the kids. The 5 starters have carried this team, we should be nowhere near a playoff spot with our lack of hitting and all the rookies Maddon plays. The future is bright.

I would be worried about the Yanks in the first round after CC. Detroit and Texas can rake. I thought Nova was great vs Tampa the other night. He has a lot of poise but asking him to be a #2 playoff horse could be interesting.

Reaction Score
I would be worried about the Yanks in the first round after CC. Detroit and Texas can rake. I thought Nova was great vs Tampa the other night. He has a lot of poise but asking him to be a #2 playoff horse could be interesting.

True. But Yanks can also rake. They have scored 100 more runs than the Tigers. And most of that was done without Montero in the lineup at DH. The Tigers or Rangers will have their hands full with the Yanks too.

I would love to see a wild card tie and a one game playoff between Sox and Rays. Tampa won the coin toss so it'd be down there. At minimum I hope Yanks win one today and Rays win. Then it'd be one game out with 3 to play. And sinkhole would have to hope the Yanks lay down a bit instead of laying the smack down like they did last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom