Red Sox 2021 Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Red Sox 2021 Thread

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
1624805247155.png

Reaction Score
I know this is meant as a taunt but as a Sox fan, it makes me nervous. There are a lot of games to go I am just happy they are 5-0 so far.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No taunt, it just what NY Post Sports has on their home page. I thought it should be shared.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I know this is meant as a taunt but as a Sox fan, it makes me nervous. There are a lot of games to go I am just happy they are 5-0 so far.

Boston was like 1-9 against The Yankees last year

Reaction Score
Yankees fan, but serious question: why do Sox fans chant “Yankees Suck” more than any pro Sox chant?

#1 reason why the Sox are my least favorite Boston pro team. Patriots are #2 and I have no issue with the Bruins or Celtics.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yesterday was about a perfect is it gets for the first in-person sporting event since February 2020.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Renfroe almost single handedly bailed out Garrett Richards last night, who basically blatantly admitted he need sticky stuff to feel marginally effective.

Are the just waiting for Sale to DFA this guy?

Reaction Score
Yeah i think Sale and Houck will be taking richards place and the place of whoever may get dinged up. Or they dfa richards and go with a 6 man at some point during the dog days to give everyone a little blow.

Richards has been an absolutely whiner. It makes me sick watching his postgames. Some of these pitchers are comical with how they act knowing they cant use this crazy stuff anymore.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Happy 4th! In baseball terms today is historically the day where the leading teams are considered legit for the season. The Sox almost won again last night, couldn't close it out on a day the closer was sitting. For me, it's time to stop tiptoeing and jump in the pool. Can you imagine a 5th already this century after going 0-86?

the Q

Reaction Score
Happy 4th! In baseball terms today is historically the day where the leading teams are considered legit for the season. The Sox almost won again last night, couldn't close it out on a day the closer was sitting. For me, it's time to stop tiptoeing and jump in the pool. Can you imagine a 5th already this century after going 0-86?

I have a hard time seeing them tippy toeing into the tax this year when they’ll blow past it next year if they want to keep bogey.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have a hard time seeing them tippy toeing into the tax this year when they’ll blow past it next year if they want to keep bogey.
I DGAS about that stuff anymore. Sports is year-to-year more than ever. We have good team today, that's pretty much all that matters.

the Q

Reaction Score
I DGAS about that stuff anymore. Sports is year-to-year more than ever. We have good team today, that's pretty much all that matters.

It’s a decent team.

It’s tied for 4th best with Tampa based on run differential. I’m sure they could get creative if they wanted to.

They also Could say f it and seal bogey this winter anyway

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It’s a decent team.

It’s tied for 4th best with Tampa based on run differential. I’m sure they could get creative if they wanted to.

They also Could say f it and seal bogey this winter anyway
I care about playing the game, cheering my team. You care about analyzing results. To each his own but my way is more fun.

Reaction Score
Interesting team. They remind me so much of the 2013 team. Not the most talented but they knew how to win.

Reaction Score
Does Tanner Houck replace RIchards in the rotation or is he the 6th starter? In either case I like seeing him with the Big Club.

the Q

Reaction Score
Does Tanner Houck replace RIchards in the rotation or is he the 6th starter? In either case I like seeing him with the Big Club.

6th starter for now.

But Perez pivetta and Richards are all on notice

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It was the right time to call him up, as well as Duran. Have to get them acclimated to the big leagues for the stretch run. Given the draft the Sox just had, this team is loaded with good young players. Barnes emerging as a legit closer has been huge (UConn!).

Husky25

Reaction Score
6th starter for now.

But Perez pivetta and Richards are all on notice
Pivetta is safe. He's an innings eater and will probably hold down the 4th playoff starting slot, provided things keep rolling.

Perez's performance is weird. He's a CY Young candidate on the road and a Quad-A long relief type at home. He should get comfortable coming out of the 'pen. Richard, IMO, should get comfortable on his couch and hope they vote him a full playoff share, provided things keep rolling.

I am enthused about the reports on Sale, but I don't think they can project 8 inning Ace performances just yet. I did not realize how inconsistent E-Rod has been, leaving Eovaldi, who is the only pitcher in the rotation that is remotely consistent. But not as a game 1 starter or going up vs anyone's ace.

Boy the stretch is going to be different than '18. The Sox are going to have to rely heavily on their offense.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So the Sox have been wracked with COVID. But Joe Rogan said, “If you’re a healthy person and you’re exercising all the time and you’re young and you’re eating well, I don’t think you need to worry about this.” I don't get it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom