Red Lettered Lot Parking | The Boneyard

Red Lettered Lot Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How do you get to these lots from the entrance off 84-W. Do you need a pass or is it general parking like the old Red Lot? I haven't been to a game yet since the parking changed and heard the set up is a bit confusing. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction Score
It is incredibly confusing and frustrating. The way that they direct parking in the Red lots has changed every single week. If you follow the exact same route to the Red lettered parking one week, it doesn't mean that they will direct you to the lettered parking if you take the same route the following week.

I've found that the best way to get there is to tell the 15 year old parking attendants where you are parking and not the other way around. It takes a little bit of aggressiveness and maybe a little bit of an attitude, but it's worth it because the Red lettered lot is the holy grail of Red lot tailgating.

Reaction Score
Take a look at this diagram:
Rentschler-Field-Gameday-Parking-Map.jpg

The Red lettered lot would be the lot in the bottom right hand corner. I have always entered from the Main gate. They will make you follow the cones along the West side of the stadium and loop you around towards the Gray lot.

On a good day, they will direct you right through the gray lot into the Red lettered parking area. That has happened to me once this season.

Three other games they have set up a road block to try and direct you down the runway. The runway runs along the west side of that long skinny lot directly to the left of the lettered lot on the map. If they try to direct you down the runway, I suggest the following courses of action:

1. Ask a parking attendant if they can move the baracade near the gray lot to let you park in the Red lettered lot. Sometimes the attendants have no clue what to do when you ask them to move a baracade so they just will do it to make you happy.

2. If they won't let you go directly to the lettered lot, continue down the runway. When they try to force you into that long skinny Red lot, stand firm and tell them that you are going to continue down the runway and loop around into the lettered lot. There is a secret entrance from the back of the runway.

3. If all else fails there is a pedestrian walkway from the skinny Red lot to the lettered Red lot. Pack up your tailgate gear and huff it. I had to do this against USF. It sucked.

Lastly, I have never tried getting to the lettered lot from the East gate, but looking at that map it might be the way to go. I can't speak from experience though.

Good luck and god bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger