Recruiting | The Boneyard

Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
One positive thing uconn can do now is focus our free time on recruiting.

3 or 99, do you no anybody we are going the hardest after or who has the most interest in us right now?

Reaction Score
One positive thing uconn can do now is focus our free time on recruiting.

3 or 99, do you no anybody we are going the hardest after or who has the most interest in us right now?

Bingo... Go get Abu, Terrell & Okonobonoh from Boston for the 2014 class... I'm worried PC is gonna get Abu since they've been his jock the past year.

Reaction Score
I can speak partly on behalf of both of us. We both have heard that the staff really likes Khadeen Carrington, Ahmed Hill, and LJ Peak. Those are the few that we both know the staff is going after hard. Then for bigs I haven't seen or heard of the staff particularly targeting anyone yet. It could end up being Abdul Malik-Abu, Goodluck Okonoboh, Paschal Chuckwu, Craig Victor or someone new. It will be interest and we should find out in the next few months.

Reaction Score
I can speak partly on behalf of both of us. We both have heard that the staff really likes Khadeen Carrington, Ahmed Hill, and LJ Peak. Those are the few that we both know the staff is going after hard. Then for bigs I haven't seen or heard of the staff particularly targeting anyone yet. It could end up being Abdul Malik-Abu, Goodluck Okonoboh, Paschal Chuckwu, Craig Victor or someone new. It will be interest and we should find out in the next few months.

Are Chuckwu & Brimah a bit redundant? I'll admit, it would be funny to see 2 extremely tall & skinny guys blocking shots left & right though.... but at the end of the day, UConn needs some inside toughness with dunkers like Abu & Okonoboh. Those guys are aggresive & have that "nasty" UConn needs.

Reaction Score
Well we are going to have a bunch of scholarships to fill so we could get Chukwu and a more meaty forward.

Reaction Score
Here's a new name: Alex Robinson. 2014 PG that the staff has started expressing a little interest in lately.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
WHAT ABOUT ANYTHING FOR NEXT YEAR? WE HAVE A SCHOLLY OR TWO. ANY JUCOS?

Reaction Score
WHAT ABOUT ANYTHING FOR NEXT YEAR? WE HAVE A SCHOLLY OR TWO. ANY JUCOS?

very quite on the 2013 scene. hearing that they are not really wild about anyone, there is waiting to see if a coach gets fired or gets a better offer and a kid get out of his letter

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Hopefully another fifth year senior opportunity (ala Evans) will arise.

Reaction Score
very quite on the 2013 scene. hearing that they are not really wild about anyone, there is waiting to see if a coach gets fired or gets a better offer and a kid get out of his letter
husky99 you seem pretty plugged into the recruiting scene for UConn. I know it's tough but if you had to take a guess what do you think our '14 class will look like, who do you feel we have the best chance of landing. I've always thought we have a great chance of landing Ahmed Hill.

Reaction Score
husky99 you seem pretty plugged into the recruiting scene for UConn. I know it's tough but if you had to take a guess what do you think our '14 class will look like, who do you feel we have the best chance of landing. I've always thought we have a great chance of landing Ahmed Hill.

Hill is very high on our list. also Abdul Malik-Abu(sadly think PC might be top of his list and uconn is close second) and Paschal Chuckwu(better) are in the running also. they have so many offers out in the 2014 class, we will land a few.

Hearing ollie is pushing LA connections for some 2015 kids

Reaction Score
3 and 99 are you guys like scouts or working near or with the program? I've always wondered how you know what you know.

Glad to have you by the way, keep up the good work.

Reaction Score
Hill is very high on our list. also Abdul Malik-Abu(sadly think PC might be top of his list and uconn is close second) and Paschal Chuckwu(better) are in the running also. they have so many offers out in the 2014 class, we will land a few.

When you saw better for Paschal Chuckwu, are we in better shape with him that Abu? Also where does Terell fit into this? Aren't he and Abu supposed to be going to the same school according to them?

Reaction Score
we are in better shape with Chuckwu. these package deals usually fall apart. do not read to much into it

Reaction Score
we are in better shape with Chuckwu. these package deals usually fall apart. do not read to much into it
Thanks for the update.

When can we expect some of the 2014 kids to start coming on "official" visits? Also, what are you hearing about Carrington? I know 3uconn said we are high on him, but last I heard he said St. John's was ahead, and I worry that the anonymous quote we heard from an AAU coach was from his camp.

Reaction Score
I feel the same about Paschal Chuckwu. We have a much better chance to get him than Abdul Malik-Abu right now. It seems our biggest competition for both may end up being PC. For Carrington he has always been high on St, Johns. However, lately they have put on the full court press for him. They have been to most, if not all, of his last 15 high school games. The major problem with St. John's that I have heard is that his mom isn't quite sold on Lavin yet. Then for the package deal of Jarred Terrel and Abdul Malik-Abu I know there is still a possibility. Whether it not it happens in the end is up to them but its looking more unlikely because Abdul is getting more high major looks and offers. Finally for the official visit part I would expect them to possibly start during the summer and fall. Players are now allowed to take official visits after January 1st of their junior years so it could happen anytime but I say it will start in the summer and fall.

Reaction Score
Thanks. How does Mrs. Carrington feel about Coach Ollie? I'm glad she is able to see that Lavin is like a used car salesman.

Surprised about Abdul being so high on Providence right now based on who else is recruiting him. Where do we stand with Terrell right now?

Hopefully the new practice facility makes a huge difference in signing these kids as they would be joining the program once it full opens.

Reaction Score

Every time I hear a kid has PC ahead of UConn I laugh.

Reaction Score
Thanks. How does Mrs. Carrington feel about Coach Ollie? I'm glad she is able to see that Lavin is like a used car salesman.

Surprised about Abdul being so high on Providence right now based on who else is recruiting him. Where do we stand with Terrell right now?

Hopefully the new practice facility makes a huge difference in signing these kids as they would be joining the program once it full opens.
http://zagsblog.com/articles/khadeen-carrington-piling-up-offers/Carrington is ranked No. 94 in the Rivals150 for the Class of 2014.

He has taken unofficials to St. John’s and UConn (for Midnight Madness), and plans to return to UConn soon.

“We’re going to go back to UConn,” DuFont said. “Hopefully, very soon.”

She said she is a fan of UConn coach Kevin Ollie.

“I like the coach, period,” she said. “He’s a great person. I like his personality. I think he’s very honest and not forgetting he’s a man of God.”

DuFont said she also likes Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin and St. John’s coach Steve Lavin.

“We went to St. John’s a couple weeks ago,” she said. “That, too, is very attractive. It was very nice. We sat down on a one-on-one and I thought he was somewhat a very honest person.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom