Recruiting.... | The Boneyard

Recruiting....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Recruiting for what? Some kind of sports team thingy?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
may we make it rain 4* players the next coule years

Reaction Score
All kidding aside, the longer this lingers, it absolutely will have a negative impact on recruiting.

Reaction Score
My point exactly. This needs to be dealt with and put to bed ASAP. Which I'm sure is the plan.

Reaction Score
My point exactly. This needs to be dealt with and put to bed ASAP. Which I'm sure is the plan.

We don't control when it's going to be put to bed. It's going to linger.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
We're now going to get recruits at the level of program that Randy Edsall recruited us at.

Reaction Score
We're now going to get recruits at the level of program that Randy Edsall recruited us at.

Do you not even care when you do that you're trashing the players that have accomplished what we've accomplished as a program the last four years?

Is it you don't get that or you're angry so trashing our players is o.k.

Reaction Score
Do you not even care when you do that you're trashing the players that have accomplished what we've accomplished as a program the last four years?

+1

Reaction Score
may we make it rain 4* players the next coule years
my opinion on us landing the 4**** star guys. is to catch them early, sophomore year. if you look at the top
2014 guys out there now, there 2 or 3*** kids that in due time they will be 4 star kids. got to plan ahead!!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I like that for a 4 star player you put 4**** and 3 star you put 3***. By saying 4 or 3, you eliminate the need to actually type out the proper amount of *'s :p

Reaction Score
Wait what news are you talking about? Did I miss something??

Reaction Score
I'm sure the news of the past couple day is doing wonders.......
I wouldn't start selling short Coach PP's ability to recruit, especially in state, just yet because of what's happening to the BE. Even with this saddled around his neck, Coach PP IMO is light years ahead of FHCRE in recruiting. A lot of recruits might view UCONN's desire to leave the BE at all costs as a positive.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

I'd say it's mostly anger. Him actively not trying to win games against legitimately good teams is another part of it.

Reaction Score
I'd say it's mostly anger. Him actively not trying to win games against legitimately good teams is another part of it.

Forgive me for asking but........WTF are you talking about?

Reaction Score
Recruiting is about the individual institution and what an individual can become and do at that institution. It's about academics. It's about being given an opportunity to succeed and build a foundation for a life through athletics and academics. Pasqualoni knows this. The rest of the staff knows this. The kids we've recruited in the past, were recruited this way. The kids we'll recruit in the future are going to be recruited this way.

I would hope that any of our recruits are wise enough in their young ages, or if they're not, they've got somebody to point out to them, the things that our leaders at the University have said and are doing regarding this whole conference mess.

The focus, is and always be, on what's best for the university, and what's best for the university when it comes to athletics, right now is what's best for student-athlete. The univesity will take it's time in doing what's best.

There are a lot more sports involved in what's going on, than just football.

Who and where we play?

Relevant, but nearly important in recruiting as the other stuff.

I like what the Godfather said, "I'll never back down from a challenge, line em up, whoever they are, wherever they are, let's play."

That's the attitude we've had, that we've got right now, and that's the attitude we'll continue to have.

And the recruits will continue to come, and we'll continue to work harder to building a solid recruiting structure and base to feed our football program, and so will the other sports on campus.

The University of Connecticut is going to be a top level institution, regardless of what's happening in the intercollegiate athletic environment.

Reaction Score

"Him actively not trying to win games against legitimately good teams is another part of it". Are you serious? I'd love to know what your background in football is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom