• Solo Ball
  • Hassan Diarra
  • Apostolos Roumouglu
  • Jayden Ross
  • Isaiah Abraham
  • Jaylin Stewart
  • Youssouf Singare
  • Samson Johnson
Not the level of talent we had last year or this, but a decent core once they gain experience. We have to see how the freshmen develop.
I'd still include Karaban on that list.

Reaction Score
This is a great quote. Perhaps a lesson learned from the years prior. Anyone remember that Georgetown win when they finally got some burn and Cole had to hustle to get back in the game?

I thought this quote from Hurley today was interesting:

“Obviously, we have to stick to our identity and what's worked for us," Hurley continued. "The range we've recruited in has paid dividends. But then you're also evaluating each recruiting class, and its relative strength, and what you should go for in a class. There may be incredible value in the 52nd-ranked player in the country. To you, he may be a guy who's a two-year player and you love his ability, and maybe in another class, the players in that range, you may not like and say I'm going to shoot higher, and if I don't win there, I'm going in the portal, because I don't think that these high school players can help us.”

Reaction Score
Prep and HS season always produces a handful of players who had a good, not great, junior year…but blow up big time their senior year.

A good chance that one of those kids will be extremely excited to be recruited by and to sign with a national champion like UConn.

Reaction Score
I'm torn between trusting Hurley evals and wanting top 15ish recruits. I feel like a class full of one and dones isn't ideal, but you probably want one every class or every other class or so, because that elite talent will win you some games maybe you otherwise wouldn't have.

I love what Hurley has done. I'm just a little miffed at not getting any real "elite" talent this year. But I suppose the relationships are built earlier in basketball recruiting, so maybe we'll see the fruits of the Natty in the 25 class?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
After the suffering of the Flagg recruiting situation, I am not even going to worry or think about recruiting for quite some time. 2024-2025 might as well be next century. DH will figure it out.

Reaction Score
I'm torn between trusting Hurley evals and wanting top 15ish recruits. I feel like a class full of one and dones isn't ideal, but you probably want one every class or every other class or so, because that elite talent will win you some games maybe you otherwise wouldn't have.

I love what Hurley has done. I'm just a little miffed at not getting any real "elite" talent this year. But I suppose the relationships are built earlier in basketball recruiting, so maybe we'll see the fruits of the Natty in the 25 class?
Nobody would disagree that signing a top 5 player would be great but the recent model of having a team full of one and dones does not win championships.

Evaluation of players, fitting a player into the team chemistry and talent wins games and championships.
Hurley and staff have proven that they have evaluated well, recruited well and that they can win games and championships.

Some recruits that I consider having elite talent over the last few years…Castle,Sanogo, Clingan, Hawkins, Bouk, AJ along with a number of other very talented players. Some of these guys were signed because the staff could see their future elite talent during their evaluation of the player.

Reaction Score
I thought this quote from Hurley today was interesting:

“Obviously, we have to stick to our identity and what's worked for us," Hurley continued. "The range we've recruited in has paid dividends. But then you're also evaluating each recruiting class, and its relative strength, and what you should go for in a class. There may be incredible value in the 52nd-ranked player in the country. To you, he may be a guy who's a two-year player and you love his ability, and maybe in another class, the players in that range, you may not like and say I'm going to shoot higher, and if I don't win there, I'm going in the portal, because I don't think that these high school players can help us.”

Man he knows what he’s looking for. This should inject us all with trust.

Reaction Score
Casually looks up 52nd ranked player in class for 2024, Syracuse commit Elijah Moore...has not signed yet.

Just messing around, but...
Maybe DH is lobbing up subliminals

You never know

Reaction Score
Nobody would disagree that signing a top 5 player would be great but the recent model of having a team full of one and dones does not win championships.

Evaluation of players, fitting a player into the team chemistry and talent wins games and championships.
Hurley and staff have proven that they have evaluated well, recruited well and that they can win games and championships.

Some recruits that I consider having elite talent over the last few years…Castle,Sanogo, Clingan, Hawkins, Bouk, AJ along with a number of other very talented players. Some of these guys were signed because the staff could see their future elite talent during their evaluation of the player.
Agree. Look at last year's team that Hurley recruited and their 24/7 rankings:

Hawkins #55
Johnson #58
Karaban #118
A Jackson #51
Sanogo #104
Clingan #73

As we can see now, all of these players were under ranked and all of them had something to prove and were open to coaching and development.

Reaction Score
Agree. Look at last year's team that Hurley recruited and their 24/7 rankings:

Hawkins #55
Johnson #58
Karaban #118
A Jackson #51
Sanogo #104
Clingan #73

As we can see now, all of these players were under ranked and all of them had something to prove and were open to coaching and development.
Karaban at 118 is wild. As is Hawkins at 55.

Reaction Score
He was #95 in the composite, and that was with some reclass adjustments (he was #86 in composite on day of commitment).

Reaction Score

Nowell is elite, just short

Reaction Score
Espn rankings

Castle 12
Ball 33
A jackson 35
Johnson 41
Sanogo 58
Hawkins 59
Akok 63
Bouknight 69
Ross 84
Gaffney 96
Umass backup point guard 58