Recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruiting

Reaction Score
So I guess what I am learning from this thread is that the NCAA can use as evidence in a recruiting violation probe: posts on a forum that has no affiliation with the actual University, are posts from anonymous sources, posts that could be entirely fictitious or sarcastic and posts that could be made by "boosters" of the complaining University AND the NCAA can accept this evidence????
Wow, no wonder the NCAA is so ... err messed up.
Did you expect Constitutional Law protection, face your accuser, proof, with the NCAA. AS @CocoHusky pointed out to me: The NCAA is an Organization that established its own rules and means of adjudicating. the punishments. All that means is they can do what they want at least until someone tests it.
To me this Organization has outlived its useful life and be replaced with one that sees the world as it now exists.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The NCAA is and has always been a mess - look no further than the waiver process that no one understands and is shrouded in secrecy or UNC who admittedly ran a fake academic department that manufactured grades for athletes based on the communicated requirements of the coaching staffs of various sports and was not even given a slap on the wrist.

That said - an uneducated fan base and postings on this forum can easily lead to people doing really stupid things that violate recruiting rules or simply create uncomfortable situations for staff, players, and recruits.

While the TN complaint was mostly bull, it did lead to a few secondary violations and it probably cost the WBB staff and the university hundreds of wasted hours of labor - time that could have been spent much more usefully. No idea of the cost involved but would not be surprised if it topped $1M to defend all the bull. While US legal systems are based on innocent until proven guilty, the realty of civil systems are closer to guilty until you can prove you are innocent. Much easier and cost effective to stay clear of accusations than figure out how to defend against them.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
So I guess what I am learning from this thread is that the NCAA can use as evidence in a recruiting violation probe: posts on a forum that has no affiliation with the actual University, are posts from anonymous sources, posts that could be entirely fictitious or sarcastic and posts that could be made by "boosters" of the complaining University AND the NCAA can accept this evidence????
Wow, no wonder the NCAA is so ... err messed up.

Your guess is wrong. It was not the NCAA. It was another (UTenn) school that filed a complaint through their conference. The NCAA found no violation but that doesn't mean the outcome would be the same were it to happen again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom