Recruiting with new coaches? | The Boneyard

Recruiting with new coaches?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
How are we doing now in terms of numbers and quality of recruits with the new coaches? I was on the BC site and it appears they have more recruits with more stars than we do at this point.

Reaction Score
If being serious - All the UConn offers/commits are in the pinned threads @ top.

2 commits from CT @ this point (both linebackers - 1 a 2*, 1 a 3* w/ BC offer).

Norm for UConn @ this point in recruiting cycle. Will pick up w/ UConn on campus camps starting next month.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Thanks! Totally being serious. I guess I'm glad we're on track with past years and look forward to upcoming recruiting.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
How are we doing now in terms of numbers and quality of recruits with the new coaches? I was on the BC site and it appears they have more recruits with more stars than we do at this point.

your first mistake is comparing anything we do to BC, never do that. also, the "star system" is so convoluted and overrated its ridiculous. Edsall was notorious for having "poor" recruiting classes yet always managed to find great players. do yourself a favor and watch the tape that we have on kids and decide for yourself, those tell far more about a kid than any star system will.

Reaction Score
The problem with Uconn is that their norm for recruiting cycle progress is based on PP and Diaco results. The issue to me is comparison to peer schools ( first all AAC schools, then BC, Cuse, Rutgers and maybe even MD and Pitt) and its is volume of recruits without letting stars get too much in the way of an analysis. Right now, within that peer group, Uconn is at about average with 2 commits.

That Uconn is traditionally a late commitment school needs to change. In the past, that was not too much of an issue but with the December signing period starting this year, falling behind in numbers, and quality, matters more than in the past. Edsall did a good job grabbing commitments out of summer camps. It will probably continue.

And while stars are flawed, offer lists seem to be a much better gauge of talent. Harris has an outstanding list. More like him are really needed. With PP and way more so under Diaco, Uconn was beating out some very weak competition, which is not meant to denigrate the kids that committed to Uconn nor does it mean that will not produce. But, offers tell me more about potential and probability for success more than stars.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom