recruiting trail | The Boneyard

recruiting trail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno said during an inview yesterday that the coaching staff would be out on the recruiting trial Friday, any ideas as to where they will be and who they will be watching?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno said during an inview yesterday that the coaching staff would be out on the recruiting trial Friday, any ideas as to where they will be and who they will be watching?

The Deep South tournament in Raleigh and Boo Williams in Virginia. I'm sure Geno and the staff will have both covered and will be looking at kids from 2014 and beyond, including Wilson, Westbeld, Collier, etc.

Reaction Score
Not sure as to who they will be watching, but they might be attending the Boo Williams Invitational, the Deep South Classic and/or the Peach State Basketball Tip-Off Classic in Georgia.

Reaction Score
The Deep South tournament in Raleigh and Boo Williams in Virginia. I'm sure Geno and the staff will have both covered and will be looking at kids from 2014 and beyond, including Wilson, Westbeld, Collier, etc.

Can someone get me the info on The Deep South Tournament? Sadly, I live in Raleigh and have heard nothing about it. I will go attend and see what I can find out!

Reaction Score
Here is a link to the tournament:

Deep South Classic

Oh wow, that's like less than two miles from my house and several of the hotels are across from where I work. So I will definitely try to make it down there. Ugh, hate I have to work during the day Friday so hopefully I will be able to see one of the coaches!! I am hoping it will be CD, personally!

HGN

Reaction Score
Glad to see Geno and the staff hitting the recruiting trail...........They should be viewed by recruits and fans as celebrities after just winning the NC.

Hopefully they will get a chance to see the likes of Wilson , Westbeld , Turner, and Calhoun at one of the Tournaments. And hopefully the recruits will know that Geno is there to see them play.

Reaction Score

Could you fill me on on what you know/heard about Collier?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier is a 2015 W (6-1) who plays for a St Louis HS (Incarnate Word). Before moving to St Louis, she and her family called Jefferson City, Mo home which of course was the birthplace of Maya Moore. It sounds like UConn is very high on this kid and she'll have a long list of suitors.

http://www.newsmagazinenetwork.com/2013040233145/iwas-napheesa-collier-named-player-of-the-year/[/quote]

That was a very informative article. I was surprised they list her as a guard at 6' 1" but after reading the article I can understand why. She seems like a Uconn "type" recruit. Humble almost to a fault and very team orientated.

Reaction Score
Okay I am going to try to make it over to the Deep South Classic since it's so close by home -- I am going to rely on y'all to help me figure out who I am supposed to be looking for. Some I can probably see from my office since many of the teams are staying across from us. But if y'all can help me figure who is on what teams, I will see if I can make it out to those games and hope to see one of our fearless coaches, but I might just start squealing when I see them, haha just kidding!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Okay I am going to try to make it over to the Deep South Classic since it's so close by home -- I am going to rely on y'all to help me figure out who I am supposed to be looking for. Some I can probably see from my office since many of the teams are staying across from us. But if y'all can help me figure who is on what teams, I will see if I can make it out to those games and hope to see one of our fearless coaches, but I might just start squealing when I see them, haha just kidding!

After the schedule of games is posted we'll be able to tell you which games/team to follow.

Reaction Score
After the schedule of games is posted we'll be able to tell you which games/team to follow.

Awesome!! Thanks so much! I pray the teams I want to see aren't playing during the day while I am at work -- or I might have to "cough cough" I feel something coming on, haha!

Reaction Score
So this is crazy wrong but I'm recruiting co-workers and friends to go with me to the Tournament this weekend so we can all have our eyes peeled. 16 games going simultaneously will be nearly impossible for me to stay focused muchless find Geno or CD, whom I am hoping will be there! Keep me posted who I need to check out and I will do my best to take photos, etc!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
So this is crazy wrong but I'm recruiting co-workers and friends to go with me to the Tournament this weekend so we can all have our eyes peeled. 16 games going simultaneously will be nearly impossible for me to stay focused muchless find Geno or CD, whom I am hoping will be there! Keep me posted who I need to check out and I will do my best to take photos, etc!

Thanks, looking f0rward to the reports.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Seams to me that Aja Wilson is the biggest next high priority target for the 2014 season? I = would think if she is playing, UC coaches will be at that game. We got Gabby W., point gd I think, Sadie Edwards, a 2 guard, Courtney Ekmark, our future KML, and I think we need some height! and Aja fits the bill - but she sounds like an EDD - Breanna Stewart type player that can play almost any position! Although we have Morgan and Stewie for the next three- Landing Wilson seams to be the key - rounding out our 5th player that will be taking us into the next era without Geno- It won't be the same- but we'll be here just the same!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
What about the 6-2 forward from Ohio? Westbeld?? Not sure about the name?

And speaking of recruits, what's going on with Calhoun? Something seems off about her recruitment unless she is waiting to take all her unofficials.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
What's the next era without Geno? Or am I missing something in what you wrote?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if there is any truth to the topic on a Carolina site that is saying A'ja has cut her list to her final three? They have said that her final three are UNC, South Carolina, and Clemson. I have yet to see anything about her final list. I have a feeling that a certain fan base is still delusional about the class they landed this year, and are certain they'll land another super class highlighted by Wilson! I could be wrong, and just missed her final cuts, but I have yet to find the evidence to prove myself wrong.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Awesome!! Thanks so much! I pray the teams I want to see aren't playing during the day while I am at work -- or I might have to "cough cough" I feel something coming on, haha!
Be careful. That cough sounds like you might have a touch of intentional flu coming on. Will expect reports on your health and interesting tidbits from the games.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
What's the next era without Geno? Or am I missing something in what you wrote?
Geno signed a 5 yr contract which I am sure will be his last. The class of 2014 actually outlasts his contract I believe. So I figure we need great recruiting over his final years to help with our transition into our post geno era- if that makes any sense.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Glad to see Geno and the staff hitting the recruiting trail...........They should be viewed by recruits and fans as celebrities after just winning the NC.

Hopefully they will get a chance to see the likes of Wilson , Westbeld , Turner, and Calhoun at one of the Tournaments. And hopefully the recruits will know that Geno is there to see them play.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
H g n - I think Brianna Turner is not being recruited by UC any longer. We are desperate for some new young talented post players in 2014 to start breaking in!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if there is any truth to the topic on a Carolina site that is saying A'ja has cut her list to her final three? They have said that her final three are UNC, South Carolina, and Clemson. I have yet to see anything about her final list. I have a feeling that a certain fan base is still delusional about the class they landed this year, and are certain they'll land another super class highlighted by Wilson! I could be wrong, and just missed her final cuts, but I have yet to find the evidence to prove myself wrong.
I am not buying that. Those three schools happen to be the ones listed by ESPN for Wilson, but I think it's an old list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom