Recruiting Threads | The Boneyard

Recruiting Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If you have information on a recruit, please start a new thread for that recruit. Reply to a recruit's thread until it's outdated (it'll be locked after three weeks or so, or until it goes off the rails).

Reason: When this site is indexed by search engines the thread title with the recruits name and a sentence or two is what shows up in search results.

When someone searches for a recruit I want the boneyard to show up as high as possible in the search results.

Also - I check the server logs daily. Catch all recruiting threads are often the last thread visitors read before leaving the site. It's information overload for all but die hard fans.

Reaction Score
If you have information on a recruit, please start a new thread for that recruit. Reply to a recruit's thread until it's outdated (it'll be locked after three weeks or so, or until it goes off the rails).

Reason: When this site is indexed by search engines the thread title with the recruits name and a sentence or two is what shows up in search results.

When someone searches for a recruit I want the boneyard to show up as high as possible in the search results.

Also - I check the server logs daily. Catch all recruiting threads are often the last thread visitors read before leaving the site. It's information overload for all but die hard fans.
Same rule for both boards ???

Reaction Score

Awwww big bummer for all of us die hard fans that love information overload and off the rails speculation :(

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Wait, I know I'm not very smart so I need this dumbed down for me. You're not saying that every single piece of recruiting info/video/scouting report etc gets its own thread now I hope. Because that means there will be possibly dozens of new threads each day, most of which for not-all-that-important content. Or the alternative is basically not having recruit talk at all unless it's breaking news.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Wait, I know I'm not very smart so I need this dumbed down for me. You're not saying that every single piece of recruiting info/video/scouting report etc gets its own thread now I hope. Because that means there will be possibly dozens of new threads each day, most of which for not-all-that-important content. Or the alternative is basically not having recruit talk at all unless it's breaking news.
He’s saying every recruit gets her own thread. There are a lot of players of interest that the coaches are tracking, though, not sure if @temery has seen the full list of 46 players

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Check out the men's board. Individual recruit threads for each recruit are no more than a month old. There is nothing close to a dozen new recruiting threads per week, likely two weeks or more.

Reread my original post:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Check out the men's board. Individual recruit threads for each recruit are no more than a month old. There is nothing close to a dozen new recruiting threads per week, likely two weeks or more.

Reread my original post:

There are around 50 women's POI listed in Nan's chart.

And what about all the info not specific to individual players like updated rankings or articles on multiple players?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
There are around 50 women's POI listed in Nan's chart.

And what about all the info not specific to individual players like updated rankings or articles on multiple players?

There are currently eight recruiting threads out of 75 threads on the first page of the men's board. I highly doubt the women's board will be taken over by recruiting threads. If it happened, I'd create a sub-board dedicated to recruiting.

This is not something I dreamed up on a whim. I check the server logs daily, and check out many other boards. One thread dedicated to recruiting is NOT in any site's best interest.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I
There are currently eight recruiting threads out of 75 threads on the first page of the men's board. I highly doubt the women's board will be taken over by recruiting threads. If it happened, I'd create a sub-board dedicated to recruiting.

This is not something I dreamed up on a whim. I check the server logs daily, and check out many other boards. One thread dedicated to recruiting is NOT in any site's best interest.
It’s so much easier and accessible to have all the information in one spot on one thread then a bunch of individual threads..

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I

It’s so much easier and accessible to have all the information in one spot on one thread then a bunch of individual threads..

'Then start a group DM for recruiting and invite anyone who agrees.

I'm trying to do what's in the sites best interest, even if it's not popular. If there is no positive change in traffic in a couple months, I'll talk with Nan and see about going back to one thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek