Recruiting review | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruiting review

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
@Russ, every poster takes their lumps on the BY so no need to get worked up about it. I'm relatively new and it took me over a hundred posts until BigErn threw shade my way. So you've got a ways to go. Fleud is just sparring with you. You can take your ball and go home but I'd suggest you go with ten toes in.
Exactly. Newbs are no different than rookies. We want five stars who are tough versus 3 stars who are weak. If you want to dish it out you better be willing to receive it.
And if you dish it out you better be accurate and have a strong argument. No more missed shots or turnovers when posting. The OP was a poster stepping out of bounds. Poster has to up his game.

Reaction Score
There have been a number of UConn players who scored in double digits in the past 25 years that were not top 4 or 5 star recruits in high school:

Doron Sheffer 3x
Rod Sellers
Johnny Selvie 2x
Hasheem Thabeet 2x (wasn't a consensus recruit due to moving to US)
Hilton Armstrong (OK, it was 9.7)
Marcus White (Injured at UConn, but got to double digits at Purdue)
Gavin Edwards
Shonn Miller (grad transfer, but not a 4 or 5*)

I get your point... But, Sheffer was a pro in Israel and a very good one at that. Thabeet was a four star recruit, as was Marcus White coming in, and Selvie was a JUCO all-american. All of those guys were excellent recruits.

Reaction Score
KO has a tough job for the reasons stated, and hasn't had the building blocks. In some cases he's trying to upgrade hamburger to taste like fine steak, but there's only so much you can do with seasoning. That was Brimah and Enoch. Those teams Kentucky and Duke have bench players that we have craved to recruit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom