Recruiting KML | The Boneyard

Recruiting KML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'm writing about the recruitment of KML here and not finding as much as I would like. Who recalls who else was in the hunt? Are there any good stories about the recruiting process?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm not going to be much help, but my impression is it's just a boring story. UConn was one of the primary schools she was interested in, she visited when she was 15, and committed on the spot. Boring in a good way, obviously.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
OK, now I feel foolish, I found the story in an article I just linked

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'm not going to be much help, but my impression is it's just a boring story. UConn was one of the primary schools she was interested in, she visited when she was 15, and committed on the spot. Boring in a good way, obviously.

Thanks, that matches what I just found

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i also checked out hoopgurlz and they didn't list any other schools she was looking at. she committed shortly before or after her official visit? usually HG has lists of other schools, or when the put out their official announcement, they say "she was also considering X,Y and Z". in this case nothing was listed.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Remember that she decided to pledge real early so she could lobby her age mates (and younger) to come also?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Remember that she decided to pledge real early so she could lobby her age mates (and younger) to come also?

And we know what a good 'politician' she is...! Plus, her recruiting results speak for themselves :D

Reaction Score

Why do I have the impression that this thread came from a Seinfeld episode?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
i also checked out hoopgurlz and they didn't list any other schools she was looking at. she committed shortly before or after her official visit? usually HG has lists of other schools, or when the put out their official announcement, they say "she was also considering X,Y and Z". in this case nothing was listed.

She committed (or at least decided to) on her visit - but i thought it was an unofficial visit. Maybe it was her official visit.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It was early enough in the process that I believe it had to have been an unofficial. She probably took her official to do Supershow in 2010. Free trip on an important recruiting weekend- gave her an opportunity to see what she could do to have the best teammates possible around her.

sTu

Reaction Score
The choice might have been on the weekend that her team was plying in the Hall of Fame Game in Springfield. The folks that were at that game pretty much saw her complete game on display as opposed to the "shooter" tag. Looking forward to watching Stewart in January.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
The choice might have been on the weekend that her team was plying in the Hall of Fame Game in Springfield. The folks that were at that game pretty much saw her complete game on display as opposed to the "shooter" tag. Looking forward to wataching Stewart in January.

No, that game was the following year. The picture here was taken at that game, and she was already known to orally committed.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
during her halftime interview she said "it wasnt about til her junior year that she really started thinking about where she "exactly" wanted to go.

Reaction Score
tennessee probably was in the mix since the aau team she played for was Tenn. Flight IMO

sTu

Reaction Score
No, that game was the following year. The picture here was taken at that game, and she was already known to orally committed.

That why I said might with my dim memory. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As others have said, she committed early. She wanted to become great, and she knew UConn was the place to push her to that. Also as noted, she wanted to recruit others to help build the team around her. Kids want to play with her and hang out with her. If Chris Dailey is the #4 recruiter in the world, Kaleena Lewis must be #5. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom