Recruiting in Texas | The Boneyard

Recruiting in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Texas is a gold mine in recruiting in 2016. Blue Star's top 20 have five representatives of the Lone Star State. Texas A&M. Stanford, and Baylor, have been right at the top of WCBB at different points because of talent from Texas. UConn had a very happy moment by recruiting Moriah Jefferson, Geno's first player from Texas. I was ecstatic but simultaneously on pins and needles. If Mo had a bad experience, wouldn't that totally negate the leap forward in recruiting? Well, Mo's story will go down as an inspiration. She took the chance, she chose to go to school far away from home and family, and of course she accepted the huge challenge uconn represents. Many texans would be skeptical. Now. The early returns are a national championship, a starting role in a great uconn season, and no evidence she's anything but really happy in the great white north. I hope we keep recruiting Texas. And if the kids and-or her parents raise any doubts. Geno can simply say. "I've got two words for ya: Moriah Jefferson".

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I hope we keep recruiting Texas. And if the kids and-or her parents raise any doubts. Geno can simply say. "I've got two words for ya: Moriah Jefferson".
The best part is, the Baylor appearance this year was the opening salvo, and in February the Husky brand will be reinforced from two more visits. This could be the full opening of a pipeline and the start of a beautiful relationship.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
DobbsRover2 said:
The best part is, the Baylor appearance this year was the opening salvo, and in February the Husky brand will be reinforced from two more visits. This could be the full opening of a pipeline and the start of a beautiful relationship.
Agree completely. The games at UH and SMU are a great thing for uconn in the AAC.

Reaction Score
2 or 3 trips to The Lone Star state will only enhance the prospecting for future talent. PLus, they will get to be on TV for every game and friends and family can watch all 4 years. Nobody else can say that.....Will Baylor continue the series?.....

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The AAC will get UConn into many new markets. They are WCBBs show and most admirable team in the game today. They sell themselves well as role models and their image is one that girls can look up to. So not only Texas but all the other schools in the AAC will gain from having UConn in their conference. One being all AAC teams should benefit from playing UConn.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
2 or 3 trips to The Lone Star state will only enhance the prospecting for future talent. PLus, they will get to be on TV for every game and friends and family can watch all 4 years. Nobody else can say that.....Will Baylor continue the series?.....
I am guessing yes - I think it is hard for any school to hang up on ESPN when they want to broadcast a WCBB game and it seems they want to do that with Uconn games more than any other team. Mulkey has said she doesn't like playing OOC in January or Feb, but when that is the slot ESPN has to fill she said yes this year.

Reaction Score
I am guessing yes - I think it is hard for any school to hang up on ESPN when they want to broadcast a WCBB game and it seems they want to do that with Uconn games more than any other team. Mulkey has said she doesn't like playing OOC in January or Feb, but when that is the slot ESPN has to fill she said yes this year.
I agree with you it's hard to turn down ESPN. I think this year's game is the last of a home and home series. I don't believe Baylor is on Uconn's schedule next year.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I love having Baylor on our schedule, and I think this team is going to continue to be very good. Good group of freshmen; good coach.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
After reading the blogs, it sounds like Uconn is lukewarm on keeping the series going - next year they have two conference games in TX and one in Oklahoma - thats a lot of travel to one region of the country and if they continue with the conference games being home and home the OOC gets reduced by another two games I think.
Competition wise I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them remain.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I don't think any team should have more than 1 player from any state until they have had a player from every state on their roster. The only team that could take advantage of this parity making rule would be North Carolina since they have 50 scholarship players to begin with.

Last edited:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
bou
I don't think any team should have more than 1 player from any state until they have had a player from every state on their roster. The only team that could take advantage of this parity making rule would be North Carilina since they have 50 scholarship players to begin with.
But only about ten of them actually go to any classes, so there should be room for more players on the UNC roster. May open up spots for kids from Guam and the American Virgin Isles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom