Recruiting hurts | The Boneyard

Recruiting hurts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Recruiting hurts. It hurts our feelings. It has not hurt our school or team in any major factor over the last 20 years. It sucks everyone in, even the ones who vow never to follow it again. The pretty girl who is making eyes at you is irresistible.

It hurts every year and for every recruit that doesn't choose our school. There are many kids who choose to not come for the right or wrong reasons but whatever the reason it always hurts if we wanted them.

Why does the hurt outweigh our victories on the recruiting trail? Why do we feel more and remember more about the recruitments of Tevin Mack, Larrier, Selby, Melvin Cleveland, Kadeem Jack, and countless others.

Why do our memories fade of our recruiting signings of Villanueva, Deandre Daniels, Kemba Walker, Denham Brown, Khalid El-Amin? We feel some happiness and pride when they sign like we currently do with Enoch and Jalen Adams. Those memories start to fade once they put on that uniform and new more important memories and legacies are created.

The misses still hurt because that is our only memory of that player who has not decided to come to UConn. We will be alright because we have good coaches, they know how to get the right mix of players and get them to work as a team and improve even if we do not always get our #1 or 2 or 3 choice. We want the players that want to be here and be part of the team, part of the school, and part of the family.

But in the end recruiting will still hurt our feelings.

Reaction Score
It doesn't hurt me at all. UConn will win with whoever we get. Don't get your panties in a bunch over things you can't control.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Just time to move on to the next UCONN commitment

Reaction Score
Basketball recruiting doesn't get me all tied up. The MBB recruiting world is dirty, dirty, dirty, and not winning every battle actual gives me some solace that we are doing things right. That, and we seem to do just fine with the guys we do get.

In hoops, you are going to miss out on the vast majority of the guys you recruit. With Adams and Enosch committed, and the kids already on the roster, I feel pretty good about the talent level on this team going forward. Get Stone and we're good. Better than good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom