Recruiting gurus: Jr. College possibilities? | The Boneyard

Recruiting gurus: Jr. College possibilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Haven't been over here in a while so apologies ahead of time if this has been addressed.

I saw a story about DE Jamone Boyd from Butler CC in Kansas, which gave UConn Chandler Whitmer. Probably worth its own thread if you take a Nate Miles-sized chance with this guy's container ship of baggage -- was going to sign with Kansas State until he was charged with armed robbery a couple of months after getting tazed during a drug arrest. Yikes! He's playing at Butler so I'm assuming the armed robbery went away, but who knows? My instinct is to not take a guy like that, but will be interesting to see how far the new coach wants to push the envelope.

Scout's junior college site says OT Kareem Are (6-6, 320) from Fort Scott in Kansas lists UConn among his schools of interest. But he seems to be the only one of any note.

Imagine the how many JUCOs should be taken discussion will be coming up as the new coach's identity is zeroed in.

Reaction Score
I saw a story about DE Jamone Boyd from Butler CC in Kansas, which gave UConn Chandler Whitmer. Probably worth its own thread if you take a Nate Miles-sized chance with this guy's container ship of baggage -- was going to sign with Kansas State until he was charged with armed robbery a couple of months after getting tazed during a drug arrest. Yikes! He's playing at Butler so I'm assuming the armed robbery went away, but who knows? My instinct is to not take a guy like that, but will be interesting to see how far the new coach wants to push the envelope.
Really, how long did it take to dig that view out of your instinct? Everyone's innocent until proven guilty, but UCONN's symbolic envelope is sealed shut with such charges. Not a chance, but thanks for the comic relief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom