Recruiting European Players | The Boneyard

Recruiting European Players

Reaction Score
Andreas Knappe thinks so...

UConn follows a number of the European players and scouting services and has for years. These services bring the players to the US for camps and visits.

It’s no more trouble than recruiting in Western Canada if the player is interested and fits the position looking to fill.

Reaction Score
Question for all...do we have anyone scouting in Europe? I guess scouting is not the right word...but it would be nice to try to get them...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Question for all...do we have anyone scouting in Europe? I guess scouting is not the right word...but it would be nice to try to get them...

We do...we have an offer extended to a German DL and are potentially looking at a Frenchman as well. Their handlers are probably gunning for P5 or bust though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I have to ask, do we really think Zavier Scott is that good? Like 5* good as mentioned? I recall thinking he was probably a kid we wouldn't get if he stayed in Texas, but not that he'd have been at an elite level.

Reaction Score
I have to ask, do we really think Zavier Scott is that good? Like 5* good as mentioned? I recall thinking he was probably a kid we wouldn't get if he stayed in Texas, but not that he'd have been at an elite level.

If you follow Collier on Twitter - he tends to tout all his players as 4*/5* ;)

Reaction Score
Good read if ya can access it...

>>“The talent was ridiculous, some freaks of nature that I saw,” Kosmakos told The Athletic. “Coaches, people, parents were invested. The people were grateful a Division I coach was over there recruiting, because it hasn’t really been done before. Some guys have gone over to do home visits, but I don’t think anybody’s done what I just did, to go club team to club team, country to country, to find talent.”

In the Class of 2019, three Germans are signed to FBS teams, as are two Swedes and an Austrian. Other Europeans will go to lower levels or are currently in American prep schools with plans to play in college.<<

Reaction Score
Next up, well fed, root veggie and meat consuming Asian recruiting. Progeny of Korea-based, US Army & other branches, China’s typically tallest & strongest in the NE, Guam, Pinoys of partial US genetics, etc. Boneyard Shark opportunity ... ;)

Reaction Score
Wait till London gets an NFL team. Lots more foreign recruits will be coming here. There's no point in shutting down FBS level football programs, P5 or not, with the recruiting pool that's going to become available over time.

Unless you want the school to cut expenditures. When we're 22 tril in debt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom