Recruiting Coordinator | The Boneyard

Recruiting Coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
From Dez...
Not official but hearing Southington product and #UConn grad and LB coach Jon Wholley will assume recruiting coordinator duties as well...

I like it.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
From Dez...
Not official but hearing Southington product and #UConn grad and LB coach Jon Wholley will assume recruiting coordinator duties as well...

I like it.

He seems like he's been truly killing it on the trail, so it makes sense. The only worry I would have is whether that role would take him away from the road. Assuming he is out on the trail as much as he is now (or more), I think it's a good thing...

Reaction Score
Deserves the shot if true. He's rebuilt the connections into NYC and has a handle on CT as well. Need to leverage/build more relationships in NJ. Recruits (and current/former players) seem to respect him.

Reaction Score
I have mixed feelings on this.

Me too bro... I like Wholley and all, but, I had hoped we'd pull in a guy with more of a pedigree.. I'd also like to add the jury's still out with the Fogarty hire... No disrespect to him either... He knows UCONN... he indentifies with the program since he's been apart of it (like Wholley)... I just hope these are the right guys that will help get this program to the next level.. not stop gap types...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Nobody cares.

The why reply?

I have all the faith in the world JW will rock this gig. But I am not sure if this is best for his career vs working his way up position coach wise a different route. I want the best for him and I feel like this job is a 1 year job if P fails this fall because a clean house might be the result. I want JW to stay here and be here for a long time. He's the perfect local and he's done a great job the past couple years. I was actually a bit afraid the past half year that he would be on BCs staff but I'm very happy he is still here and I think he's going to do great. I want to see him as a OC/DC in 5-10 years.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I feel comfortable having a UConn guy in charge of selling UConn. I'll echo HFD sentiments as well. If the house is cleaned after the season, I hope we can retain him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A through and through Connecticut guy who worked his a** off as a walkon. I'm fine giving him a chance.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The players seem to like him and I know he hit NYC pretty hard. Good promotion in my opinion

Reaction Score
He's early in his career. He can gain HUGE lessons from the guys he is around on that Staff ... Pasqualoni, after all, was a LB coach in the NFL until recently. But, his aggressiveness & success in recruiting has elevated him. It has been earned.

As for Fogarty, what are you really committing to? It is late ... and he is going to be a 2013 test. He has gotten some good buzz through the Edsall years and beyond. I like having a mix. A few young guys, given the age of PP/GDL/MF/HH, is a good thing for a college team.

Reaction Score
UConn football tweet today

Shane Fogarty named assistant coach and will work with safeties; Wholley recruiting coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom