Recruiting class rankings question | The Boneyard

Recruiting class rankings question

Reaction Score
Is there any site that lists the Top 10-20 MBB recruiting classes -- every year since 2000?

I was talking online with a Kansas fan who swears that Bill Self never had/has highly-ranked classes. Instead, he identifies unknown players and coaches them up to become elite and AA players.

I just never knew that...;)

Reaction Score
Is there any site that lists the Top 10-20 MBB recruiting classes -- every year since 2000?

I was talking online with a Kansas fan who swears that Bill Self never had/has highly-ranked classes. Instead, he identifies unknown players and coaches them up to become elite and AA players.

You never knew it because it’s not true. Not Duke/Kentucky level, but they’ve certainly had highly-ranked classes.

I’ll assume the wink means you’re just kidding. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

This article doesn’t give their specific rankings by year, but it details Bill Self’s best classes. They have brought in plenty of highly-ranked recruits.

Kansas Basketball: Ranking All of Bill Self's Recruiting Classes

Reaction Score
247Sports.com has team rankings back to 2011.

Reaction Score
Self is a legit coach.
Totally. Never denied that. I actually called him an elite recruiter too and the guy disagreed. That's when he claimed he takes nobodies and turns them into elite players. I agreed with that, but only to a point.

Reaction Score
You never knew it because it’s not true. Not Duke/Kentucky level, but they’ve certainly had highly-ranked classes.

I’ll assume the wink means you’re just kidding. :)
Yep. :)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Self has landed some of the top players in the country since he joined KU. I would think his average class ranking is no worse than 4th, We know Dook & UK are top two, with UNC and KU being 3/4.

Bill Self has landed 28 McDonald's All Americans

UConn has landed 12, Jim Calhoun 9

Reaction Score
Self has landed some of the top players in the country since he joined KU. I would think his average class ranking is no worse than 4th, We know Dook & UK are top two, with UNC and KU being 3/4.

Bill Self has landed 28 McDonald's All Americans

UConn has landed 12, Jim Calhoun 9
To be fair though Who can match Uconn/JC success with that few McDAA? Its not a fair comparison to anyone. I think its best to compare whos had the most in that time and see where Self fits in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom