Recruiting 2022: Avery Brown Update | The Boneyard

Recruiting 2022: Avery Brown Update

Reaction Score
UConn: “Although UConn hasn’t offered me yet, they’re recruiting me heavy and Coach [Kevin] Freeman and I already have a relationship. They know I am a Connecticut kid and to have an opportunity to stay home would be exciting.”

Reaction Score
Any insight on why we have not offered yet?

Having actually seen him play multiple times, we are probably offering the bigger fish that are sure-thing contributors early-on right now. He wasn't really that good at NMH last winter, to be frank. Showed some high potential late in the season passing the rock and defending but not much else. If social media is reflective of how hard he's been working, I expect we will see him perform at a much higher level this winter and get that offer.

Reaction Score
This staffs MO does not seem to be the slow playing type. When they want someone they throw the full court press on. Can’t see why they wouldn’t use the same strategy if this was someone they really wanted

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The truth has been that they like him, but don't love him. Nobody could explain before when I asked why we wouldn't have offered him already. This isn't even reading between the lines.

Reaction Score
Indiana is on you heavy, break down the Hoosiers.
Brown: “Coach Archie Miller and Kenya Hunter spend a lot of time communicating with my family and me. They make me their priority and it has been great developing a relationship with the IU staff.

Season expectations?
Brown: “God willing we have a season, I just want to make the most of it and hit the hardwood with my teammates. These past few months we have really worked hard and it would be great to get these seniors signed and have the chance to play again. I don’t know what the plan is in terms of playing games but whatever we do, I plan on winning everything.”

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I’ve seen a lot of him. I’m not completely sold.

Reaction Score
With him mentioning those three schools and their geographic locations, I wonder if he is actually de-prioritizing UConn? Is there any sense of how much he wants UConn? It takes two to get married...

Reaction Score
It would be great to sign a local kid and it'd be interesting to know what Indiana, Ohio St. and others find appealing and what we find lacking so far.

Reaction Score
With him mentioning those three schools and their geographic locations, I wonder if he is actually de-prioritizing UConn? Is there any sense of how much he wants UConn? It takes two to get married...
the question isn't whether he's de-prioritizing UConn, it's whether UConn is de-prioritizing him. we can't string him along forever though, one party will eventually have to pull the trigger.

Reaction Score
the question isn't whether he's de-prioritizing UConn, it's whether UConn is de-prioritizing him. we can't string him along forever though, one party will eventually have to pull the trigger.
Gotchya, but my point was that I'm wondering if he wants to go away from New England for the next chapter in his life as the three schools he mentioned are all mid-west/southeast schools. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom