Records against top 25 | The Boneyard

Records against top 25

Reaction Score
I'll finish filling this out later but one thing jumps out: Marquette chances of getting a top 16 seed are not great.

1546643976632.png

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I keep seeing the claim that UConn has played the toughest schedule to date. The above sure makes it look like Notre Dame's has been tougher.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I keep seeing the claim that UConn has played the toughest schedule to date. The above sure makes it look like Notre Dame's has been tougher.
They (Notre Dame) arguably have played a tougher schedule, although UConn has Louisville and South Carolina ahead.

Notre Dame's "good" games include - DePaul, Gonzaga, Iowa, UConn, Oregon State and Marquette. Decent, but mostly not spectacular teams.

UConn's best didn't always turn out that way - Ohio State (not this year), Oklahoma (ditto), but of course DePaul and Notre Dame. Cal not so much this year either. Vanderbilt, Mississippi, St. John's, Purdue and even Seton Hall (arguably) are better than the fluff I didn't list in Notre Dame's schedule, but none of them great.

But when you add in Baylor, Louisville and South Carolina I don't think there is a lot of net difference. UConn has some tougher teams, but (and not necessarily intentionally) has a weaker "mid-range". Then there is the conference difference.

Both schedules are, compared to most schools, more than respectable.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They (Notre Dame) arguably have played a tougher schedule, although UConn has Louisville and South Carolina ahead.

Notre Dame's "good" games include - DePaul, Gonzaga, Iowa, UConn, Oregon State and Marquette. Decent, but mostly not spectacular teams.

UConn's best didn't always turn out that way - Ohio State (not this year), Oklahoma (ditto), but of course DePaul and Notre Dame. Cal not so much this year either. Vanderbilt, Mississippi, St. John's, Purdue and even Seton Hall (arguably) are better than the fluff I didn't list in Notre Dame's schedule, but none of them great.

But when you add in Baylor, Louisville and South Carolina I don't think there is a lot of net difference. UConn has some tougher teams, but (and not necessarily intentionally) has a weaker "mid-range". Then there is the conference difference.

Both schedules are, compared to most schools, more than respectable.
Notre Dame will finish with the #1 SOS, and it won't even be close.

UConn's nonconference schedule will be top-10 by RPI, but their overall SOS will be much weaker.

Reaction Score
ND's fluff includes Harvard, who beat Stanford, and a formerly ranked Drake.

You're giving UConn credit for future games against Louisville and South Carolina. ND will have future games of at least one matchup, if not two against Louisville or NC State. Not to mention 4-5 other games vs teams that will make the NCAA. UConn...not so much.

You may not think there is a "net difference", but you are mistaken. It's not even debatable.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score

You're giving UConn credit for future games against Louisville and South Carolina. ND will have future games of at least one matchup, if not two against Louisville or NC State. Not to mention 4-5 other games vs teams that will make the NCAA. UConn...not so much.

You may not think there is a "net difference", but you are mistaken. It's not even debatable.
One nit: Harvard beat Cal; Gonzaga beat Stanford. But I know you knew that.

Plebe agreed that ND's SOS will be significantly higher than UConn's.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

I too agree that ND's strength of schedule will be higher, I was limiting it to OOC. On the over-all, while they both play Louisville coming up, NC State is certainly as tough as SC, Notre Dame has an OOC against Tennessee which I had overlooked, and Miami, Florida State, Syracuse and even Duke are probably tougher than most of the AAC, if not all of it.

I was reluctant to get too over positive over Harvard - because I am a Rutgers fan and Rutgers beat Harvard but lost to Drake. In general, Harvard is "still" an Ivy though they had a very good game against Cal. To the extent that their (Harvard's) "strength" is measured, it will go down in conference..

Reaction Score
Marquette smoked a ranked DePaul team last night, so they'll have at least one win.

Reaction Score
Marquette smoked a ranked DePaul team last night, so they'll have at least one win.
Depaul overrated... but i guess it still counts the same

The records above are against the _current_ top 25. DePaul is no longer in the Massey 25 and likely wont be in the AP anymore either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom