OT: - Recommend a Urologist in the Hartford area | The Boneyard

OT: Recommend a Urologist in the Hartford area

Reaction Score
Peter Albertsen at UConn: (860) 679-4100.
He is a nationally recognized urologist especially in the area of prostate cancer and surgery. I believe some of his lectures are available on YouTube. He is the chief of urology at UConn and
I have had 2 procedures with him and both were successful.
Good luck!!!

Reaction Score
They lie when they tell you it is only going to be a little uncomfortable.

Reaction Score
They lie when they tell you it is only going to be a little uncomfortable.
That's why in addition to their creds you need to make sure they have small hands with short fingers.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Be Careful....Isn't this how Clyde Vaughn got in trouble all those years ago? Looking for a "urologist" in the Hartford area?;)

Reaction Score
Is it for you or a child? Pm if for a kid. Have a great guy for my son

Reaction Score
That's why in addition to their creds you need to make sure they have small hands with short fingers.
Hand size only matters if the orifice they are examining is in the rear and that is one reason why my internist is a skinny woman. If it is in the front the urologist uses a camera on the end of a hose that is larger than the orifice. You can figure out the rest.:)

Reaction Score
Hand size only matters if the orifice they are examining is in the rear and that is one reason why my internist is a skinny woman. If it is in the front the urologist uses a camera on the end of a hose that is larger than the orifice. You can figure out the rest.:)
Urologists work both front and back granted but the standard male prostate exam involves bending over and the need for gentle hands. I don't want any GP, internist, family practitioner or resident doing that exam to me, urologist only.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Well, for one thing, my eyesight seems to be deteriorating.

Don't worry man, it's still there.

If you've got a nice gut going, it helps to trim up to see over the ledge.

Reaction Score
Urologists work both front and back granted but the standard male prostate exam involves bending over and the need for gentle hands. I don't want any GP, internist, family practitioner or resident doing that exam to me, urologist only.
It is a simple exam that any competent doctor can do but if you feel more comfortable with a urologist go for it. I've had them done by both and neither was painful. Now the bladder exam is a whole different animal. There is only 1 way in and the entrance point is much smaller than the camera and hose. I had a bladder tumor (benign) removed in the OR but once they do anything you become a regular bladder exam customer and that sucks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Peter Albertsen at UConn: (860) 679-4100.
He is a nationally recognized urologist especially in the area of prostate cancer and surgery. I believe some of his lectures are available on YouTube. He is the chief of urology at UConn and
I have had 2 procedures with him and both were successful.
Good luck!!!
Plus, he's a 3-time winner of the Urology Cup.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I had the camera procedure done. First I was called in the room by a young female assistant who prepped me. Long QTip with numb gel. Awkward. Then minutes later, another young female assistant came in and instructed me to lay down on the gurney/bed. The lights went dim, here comes the Doc. Dressed like he was working with Uranium. I was shocked that the assistant held my manhood so the Doc could do the camera work. Very uncomfortable and a lot of pressure. The worst of it, I was nervous and the floor was cold. Embarrassing.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I see a great one at Yale. Dr Schulam. If you have prostate cancer, feel free to pm me. Clean three years.

Reaction Score
I had the camera procedure done. First I was called in the room by a young female assistant who prepped me. Long QTip with numb gel. Awkward. Then minutes later, another young female assistant came in and instructed me to lay down on the gurney/bed. The lights went dim, here comes the Doc. Dressed like he was working with Uranium. I was shocked that the assistant held my manhood so the Doc could do the camera work. Very uncomfortable and a lot of pressure. The worst of it, I was nervous and the floor was cold. Embarrassing.
I wouldn't worry about a cold floor. The door to the cage is open but the bird is dead.

Reaction Score

Reminds me of a prostate exam given to me by a doc from Yale. He came walking in with a pretty young redhead, whom he said he was training. So I'm bent over the table, and they are taking turns probing and discussing what they felt. Embarrassing!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom