RecognizingContribution to UConn Culture | The Boneyard

RecognizingContribution to UConn Culture

Reaction Score
Geno and CD have mentioned the early contribution of UConn players who they inherited in 1985. It was a contribution to the UConn Culture of excellence, that is, not excellence in result, e.g., championships and placement on the Wall on Honor as All-Americans, but unceasing and relentless dedication to excellence - regardless of ability. I mean excellence in and as the demonstration of character as Culture. Which of those inherited 1985 players accepted the Culture that these new coaches imposed upon them and helped them get better players? Who are the Team players over the years whose attitude and actions developed and reinforced that culture? How about Jamelle Elliot, Kelly Faris? Who have perhaps performed selfless and charitable activities since graduating?

How about a half-time "shout out" at each home game for a single UConn player who embodied the UConn Culture - and by embodying it reinforced it? I do not where Kelly Faris is now. But I would like her to know that the UConn community cares about her even after her career as a player may have ended.

Reaction Score
Geno and CD have mentioned the early contribution of UConn players who they inherited in 1985. It was a contribution to the UConn Culture of excellence, that is, not excellence in result, e.g., championships and placement on the Wall on Honor as All-Americans, but unceasing and relentless dedication to excellence - regardless of ability. I mean excellence in and as the demonstration of character as Culture. Which of those inherited 1985 players accepted the Culture that these new coaches imposed upon them and helped them get better players? Who are the Team players over the years whose attitude and actions developed and reinforced that culture? about Jamelle Elliot, Kelly Faris? Who have perhaps performed selfless and charitable activities since graduating?

How about a half-time "shout out" at each home game for a single UConn player who embodied the UConn Culture - and by embodying it reinforced it? I do not where Kelly Faris is now. But I would like her to know that the UConn community cares about her even after her career as a player may have ended.
An idea ahead of it's time, and by a new member. Welcome aboard Rickel.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You made her smile Rickel:

220px-Kelly_Faris_UConn.jpg

Reaction Score
Caroline Doty!!! ........:):):)

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAgjAAAAJGIwOTkxYjYwLWRhNzUtNDlkZC05OWQ0LTQ0MjQ5NDQ3NmNhMw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JS

Reaction Score
Where / when was this picture taken?
UConn 2009 Championship Dinner, Aqua Turf, Southington, Sept. 21, 2009 (Kelly attended as an incoming freshman). I was there.

There's a slew of nice portrait photos of players and coaches from that night, many used by Wikipedia.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Where / when was this picture taken?
2009 - where I do not know. See her Wikipaedia bio. It's her Bio. pix.

Yeah, I'm a dope. Didn't read JS's reply.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Geno and CD have mentioned the early contribution of UConn players who they inherited in 1985. It was a contribution to the UConn Culture of excellence, that is, not excellence in result, e.g., championships and placement on the Wall on Honor as All-Americans, but unceasing and relentless dedication to excellence - regardless of ability. I mean excellence in and as the demonstration of character as Culture. Which of those inherited 1985 players accepted the Culture that these new coaches imposed upon them and helped them get better players? Who are the Team players over the years whose attitude and actions developed and reinforced that culture? How about Jamelle Elliot, Kelly Faris? Who have perhaps performed selfless and charitable activities since graduating?

You should forward you suggestion to the Uconn staff, because I think it is a great idea. You can find various contact information on the WCBB home page links. They could turn the project over to some communications major to put together video clips for each honored player, and it could be a continuous part of the pre-game or half-time experience at each home game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom