Recent Recruting News (great info) | The Boneyard

Recent Recruting News (great info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Per Purvis, he thoroughly enjoyed the campus visit as well as meeting and playing pickup games with current Huskies Andre Drummond and DeAndre Daniels among others. Stay tuned to UConnBall.com on the recruitment of Purvis, which is really heating up and through our sources believe a commitment could very well happen soon.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
it says you are supposed to register so any time people can provide a summary that would be appreciated. thanks!

Reaction Score
good job, register for the site people, it takes 1 minute and you get more recruiting info than you ever got at scout.

Reaction Score
Regarding "a commitment could very well happen soon" with Purvis - does this mean he's close to announcing his commitment in general or he's close to announcing a commitment to Uconn?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Regarding "a commitment could very well happen soon" with Purvis - does this mean he's close to announcing his commitment in general or he's close to announcing a commitment to Uconn?

both :)

Reaction Score
Seems as though NC State has shifted there attention to D'Vauntes Smith Rivera who is a teamate of NC state comitt Tyler Lewis. According to TOS.

Nc State has been on Purvis for awhile and he is from Raliegh.

Reaction Score
Seems as though NC State has shifted there attention to D'Vauntes Smith Rivera who is a teamate of NC state comitt Tyler Lewis. According to TOS.

Nc State has been on Purvis for awhile and he is from Raliegh.

NICE!!!!

Reaction Score
Everytime I enter my username and code I am told invalid password. What am I doing wrong??

Reaction Score
Per Purvis, he thoroughly enjoyed the campus visit as well as meeting and playing pickup games with current Huskies Andre Drummond and DeAndre Daniels among others. Stay tuned to UConnBall.com on the recruitment of Purvis, which is really heating up and through our sources believe a commitment could very well happen soon.
I saw this earlier. However, if you look at the article now, it states that UConn is in great shape, rather than " a commitment could very well happen soon."

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great stuff chev. Between you and Burnbros the info regarding recruits is a huge uptick.
Does anybody else feel Ollie is a doing a great job with the recruiting process.

As others have stated registration is free and easy.

Reaction Score
I'm really not worried about having two SGs commit for 2012 as Purvis and Calhoun seem like completely different players. Purvis has incredible muscle for a player his age and can get to the rack with ease (maybe even playing some PG at times?), while Calhoun seems like a lights out shooter.

Reaction Score
There will plenty of room for both of them to get big time minutes. He would be a fantastic pick up for us from what I have seen of his game. I def think he could slide over to the point at times as well and muscle his way into the paint against most PGs and many of the top SGs as well. keep your fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Well, Hooskies, Omar Calhoun is recruiting Purvis for UConn so he must agree with you!

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Hard to take any site for real when the first forum post I came across was this;

Don't get me wrong I love UConn, but come on now! I always hear Jim Calhoun being an elite coach. I believe this is false. Calhoun could be elite if he won a championship by the time he was 45. He's too old to be elite. Coaches can only be elite when they are winning throughout all stages of their career!

Reaction Score
Hard to take any site for real when the first forum post I came across was this;

Don't get me wrong I love UConn, but come on now! I always hear Jim Calhoun being an elite coach. I believe this is false. Calhoun could be elite if he won a championship by the time he was 45. He's too old to be elite. Coaches can only be elite when they are winning throughout all stages of their career!

Every forum has their trolls and resident es. It's a good site.

Reaction Score

Wow!....John Wooden must have really been a lousy coach, He didn't win his first title until he was 54.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

This forum has had its share of posters who have made a preposterous claim relative to the consensus of all posters. That poster has his criteria of what constitutes an elite coach which I happen to strongly disagree with. And most people would disagree with him. Three NC's at any age is extremely rare.

And it could be argued that his being the oldest coach to ever win one, never mind his first two, puts him in elite status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom