Receivers/Passing Game | The Boneyard

Receivers/Passing Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I may be wrong but I saw little if any separation by our receivers yesterday. I think that we are still behind in legitimate skill (speed) position players on offense.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
NC State is known to have great corners, much like we are.

Phillips has gone into the witness protection program.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong but I saw little if any separation by our receivers yesterday. I think that we are still behind in legitimate skill (speed) position players on offense.
That's been this teams problem for years.We just can't seem to get that 6-3 215 4.3 blow right by You receiver

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
They didn't get much separation against UMass either. Indiana didn't seem to have that problem this week.

Reaction Score
Last season that was the exact opposite of our problem.

We had open receivers on most plays, and a QB who couldnt gt them the ball.

now the o-line isnt giving enough time. whitmer needs more time to get the throws off...but he also needs to stop telegraphing his passes.

Reaction Score
That's been this teams problem for years.We just can't seem to get that 6-3 215 4.3 blow right by You receiver

Cuz we don't like highly rated playmakers. Been said again and again on this board. Glad to see fans finally acknowledging that performance on the field is generally correlated to success on first Wed in Feb. And UConn generally is considered well behind just about everybody in the power conferences. Maybe it's time to get a coach who can recruit at a higher level.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Can't knock Whitmer too much kids got a killer arm and a little Favre in him,maybe forces the ball too much, but O-line doesn't give him the needed time,got this feeling Davis is gonna be the superstar of the group, and way too much press for Phillps.expectations are gonna be his down fall.

Reaction Score
Cuz we don't like highly rated playmakers..

And, he's back.

Yes, the fact that we haven't recruited big time playmakers at WR is because we don't like them. Has nothing to do with whether we have structural recruiting disadvantages that keep them from wanting to come here.

Reaction Score
And, he's back.

Yes, the fact that we haven't recruited big time playmakers at WR is because we don't like them. Has nothing to do with whether we have structural recruiting disadvantages that keep them from wanting to come here.

Then get a coach that can recruit. Your posts are pretty much describing the same offensive woes I see. So thanks for your assistance. But it is something that can be fixed and sooner than you seem to want to think. Get somebody here that stress offense first, offense second and offense 241st. Structural disadvantages? By that measure Randy should be neck deep in playmakers. Nope same old Randy. Can't even keep the talented QB he inherited.

Reaction Score
Then get a coach that can recruit. Your posts are pretty much describing the same offensive woes I see. So thanks for your assistance. But it is something that can be fixed and sooner than you seem to want to think. Get somebody here that stress offense first, offense second and offense 241st. Structural disadvantages? By that measure Randy should be neck deep in playmakers. Nope same old Randy. Can't even keep the talented QB he inherited.

How did that talented QB do yesterday? Maybe Wisconsin should fire their coach as well.

Reaction Score
Whitmer seemed to looking for Williams alot Saturday instead of taking what was there. On an INT in the 3rd Q we had 3 receivers on the sideline by the NC State bench which of course brings alot of defensive personel. 3 guys were on the ball for state when it arrived. Just a poorly designed play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom