Reason's Why Diaco Needs Time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Reason's Why Diaco Needs Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We could have beaten USF if we passed the ball about 6 more times than we did. And I'll disagree with anyone who thinks we had a chance to win in the 4th quarter unless they were hoping for a scoop and score or a 60 yard touchdown run. Even then, we'd only be tied.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We could have beaten USF if we passed the ball about 6 more times than we did. And I'll disagree with anyone who thinks we had a chance to win in the 4th quarter unless they were hoping for a scoop and score or a 60 yard touchdown run. Even then, we'd only be tied.

Riddle me this:

With 4:58 left down 10 they punted. Which left 4:30 on the clock.

They really thought that was how they could win. To give USF the ball with 4:30 left down 10.

Does anyone seriously believe this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 40
Reaction Score
We could have beaten USF if we passed the ball about 6 more times than we did.

I wish you had texted HCBD. He apparently didn't think so. If it were only that simple.

If he let it loose and the TO's came in bunches, which they probably would have, the board would be in a melt down.

There was also a fair chance CW would get hurt, having no protection, and then an injured Boyle has to play, risking further injury.

UConn was one mistake (from USF) away from having a chance to win the game.

HCBD used a low risk method to try and win the battle (short term), without losing the war (long term).

The deeper we go into the season, the more this board looks like a G5 fan base.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Riddle me this:

With 4:58 left down 10 they punted. Which left 4:30 on the clock.

They really thought that was how they could win. To give USF the ball with 4:30 left down 10.

Does anyone seriously believe this?
Do I believe there was a non-zero chance that USF could turn it over, maybe another pick-six? Yes. Do I believe that non-zero chance was greater than 50%? No.

I'm not a degenerate, but if I was I wouldn't put money on us in that situation. That doesn't mean the odds of pulling something out are zero, it just means they are small. You can make an argument that the coaches should also roll the dice and try a couple passes to move the ball.

Well they did on that drive... so they should have tried it earlier.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wish you had texted HCBD. He apparently didn't think so. If it were only that simple.

If he let it loose and the TO's came in bunches, which they probably would have, the board would be in a melt down.

There was also a fair chance CW would get hurt, having no protection, and then an injured Boyle has to play, risking further injury.

UConn was one mistake (from USF) away from having a chance to win the game.

HCBD used a low risk method to try and win the battle (short term), without losing the war (long term).

The deeper we go into the season, the more this board looks like a G5 fan base.

Diaco could forfeit and you'd want to build a statue for him.

Reaction Score
Do I believe there was a non-zero chance that USF could turn it over, maybe another pick-six? Yes. Do I believe that non-zero chance was greater than 50%? No.

I'm not a degenerate, but if I was I wouldn't put money on us in that situation. That doesn't mean the odds of pulling something out are zero, it just means they are small. You can make an argument that the coaches should also roll the dice and try a couple passes to move the ball.

I am certainly in the camp that a few safe pass attempts should have been tried sooner (after all the runs, play action would have to work) but it is what it is. The late drive was done on a prevent defense.....doesn't mean it would have worked earlier.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

USF stopped throwing the ball after the pick 6 because they made the simple observation they couldn't lose if they didn't throw interceptions.

Reaction Score
USF sucks out loud. Any assertion to the opposite is insane. They might be closer to a turnaround than UConn but that team sucks.
that team was better than Uconn on Friday night. would probably have been better if they played again Saturday as well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
that team was better than Uconn on Friday night. would probably have been better if they played again Saturday as well.

They probably are. They still are terrible.

When two awful teams play and one wins it doesn't mean the winner stops being awful.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Exactly!

So short, sweet and true. Kannell said during the 3rd series that if he's USF, he's sending everyone he can on run blitzes the whole game.

When you disarm your offense, you're going to get killed.

AND, while the LT blew the block and the strip sack of Whitmer, is it really lost on people that on 2nd and 2, you had a slow developing play, Whitmer dropped way way back, faked to the RB?

I will disagree as the LT didn't blow that block but the Tight End did. Levy took the player inside and the TE just wiffed on the end.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I will disagree as the LT didn't blow that block but the Tight End did. Levy took the player inside and the TE just wiffed on the end.

Nope...I think I read that Diaco said it was Ron Johnson's responsibility.

Reaction Score

OK, I stand corrected about that detail, but the overall point still stands. Put your players in position to succeed. 2nd and 2, why is Whitmer dropping a mile back with his back to the play?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They probably are. They still are terrible.

When two awful teams play and one wins it doesn't mean the winner stops being awful.
Very true.

It also doesn't mean the loser didn't try.

Reaction Score
Well our defensive line made them look great.
Actually, I think our D line played well. They averaged 3 yards a carry, that's not bad. Yes, SF had a couple big gains on draw plays, but I put some of the blame for them on our LBs.

I like this D. I think they're gonna keep getting better as the season goes on.

I'm worried about the o line more than anything.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
The Boneyard is a good sounding ground. When certain people are on the other side of a debate it's a nice confirmation.

Do I need to dig up your quotes completely bashing the basketball team after the Texas trip? Stuff like we are terrible and won't get better.

I don't think you could have been any more wrong (without being waylonsmithers)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do I need to dig up your quotes completely bashing the basketball team after the Texas trip? Stuff like we are terrible and won't get better.

I don't think you could have been any more wrong (without being waylonsmithers)

Since I'm accused of being a degenerate I understand better than almost anyone here that I'm not always right. Comes with having strong opinions on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom