Reason For Start Of The Memphis Game (Noon on a Wednesday)) | The Boneyard

Reason For Start Of The Memphis Game (Noon on a Wednesday))

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
A few days ago someone asked why on a Wednesday are they playing an early afternoon game. Was it a holiday in Tennessee? The post was removed or I just can not find it but the reason why to start a game on a Wednesday at noon Central Time is for the best reason. I was going to do a poll but since this is one of the few posts I am doing without posting a picture I didn't want to over do it. I did figure out how to post 2 photos in one thread even though you can only post one just because that is how my mind works. If you do agree with me that its the best reason please click the like button. Here is the reason. It is so schools in Memphis can have a field trip to see the game. When I was in school I thought we had the best field trip EVER going to Yankee Stadium. Yes it did cost my parents 8 dollars and that was for the ticket and the bus ride(and no I am not that old yet, not even a senior citizen). Do not want to know what it would cost parents today for a field trip to Yankee Stadium. In this post please feel free to turn it into the best school trip you ever had.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
A few days ago someone asked why on a Wednesday are they playing an early afternoon game. Was it a holiday in Tennessee? The post was removed or I just can not find it but the reason why to start a game on a Wednesday at noon Central Time is for the best reason. I was going to do a poll but since this is one of the few posts I am doing without posting a picture I didn't want to over do it. I did figure out how to post 2 photos in one thread even though you can only post one just because that is how my mind works. If you do agree with me that its the best reason please click the like button. Here is the reason. It is so schools in Memphis can have a field trip to see the game. When I was in school I thought we had the best field trip EVER going to Yankee Stadium. Yes it did cost my parents 8 dollars and that was for the ticket and the bus ride(and no I am not that old yet, not even a senior citizen). Do not want to know what it would cost parents today for a field trip to Yankee Stadium. In this post please feel free to turn it into the best school trip you ever had.
Thank you for your answer to my question. I didn't delete the thread ( or at least don't remember deleting it, but I am a senior citizen, so...). Your reason makes sense.

Reaction Score
That's great that the kids get a field trip to go see the game. I wonder how many kids are coming - must be a lot for them to actually schedule the game this way for it. I do some reading tutoring in schools where a large portion of the students are from lower-income families. The kids LOVE field trips. It's alarming (and sad) how many have never been to places like the zoo where you'd think every kid would've been.

Also a good recruiting tool for UConn's 2024-25 recruiting classes :p. (I can't believe Danny's parents paid the 8 bucks for him to go to a Yankee game and he still turned out to be an Oriole fan - very disappointing!)

Reaction Score
Just multiple it by about 15 or 20 and you'd have inflation covered. But that memory is worth 10000 times more. Hope when you remember it--you thanked mom and dad. My regret--missing that opportunity.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Best big school field trip: To 1964/5 NY World's Fair. Best 'small" field trip : 10 of us visited the N Y State Troopers Forensic Lab. And I think the reason for the early Wednesday game is just terrific.

Reaction Score
Best big school field trip: To 1964/5 NY World's Fair. Best 'small" field trip : 10 of us visited the N Y State Troopers Forensic Lab. And I think the reason for the early Wednesday game is just terrific.

Ours was to Weathersfield State Prison--locked behind 4 sets of double barred doors. Got to visit old class mates and friends. I keep wondering why it took them 10 years to let us out??? I guess those state workers were just slow.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
That's great that the kids get a field trip to go see the game. I wonder how many kids are coming - must be a lot for them to actually schedule the game this way for it. I do some reading tutoring in schools where a large portion of the students are from lower-income families. The kids LOVE field trips. It's alarming (and sad) how many have never been to places like the zoo where you'd think every kid would've been.

Also a good recruiting tool for UConn's 2024-25 recruiting classes :p. (I can't believe Danny's parents paid the 8 bucks for him to go to a Yankee game and he still turned out to be an Oriole fan - very disappointing!)
Arizona does it every year in the OOC part of the schedule. This year's attendance - 7500, about 5 times the usual. We topped 10k last year or the year before and set a women's record IIRC.

And, of course, the tickets are comps so far as I know. Buses bring the kids and they - or at least most of them - leave after the half or 3rd quarter, I guess to get them back to school and organized for dismissal.

Conversely, Rutgers would distribute tickets to schools, but only regular games outside of school hours, so not that much of a bump in attendance (and not, obviously, busloads). Oddly enough, I saw that RU had a day game this year for schedule reasons and didn't do anything of the sort.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom