Really nice Daily Campus article on Geno | The Boneyard

Really nice Daily Campus article on Geno

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
"I will liken him to a wise man (and woman) who built their house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock."
1555760475988.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“It was a glorified intramural program, so to speak, a club program with scholarships,” Auriemma said. “And then all of a sudden, you look up now 34 years later and it’s nationally known and people around the world tune into UConn women’s basketball.”

That has been very graphically underscored with the recent verbal from Nika Muhl. How the heck was this little kid in Croatia growing up following the Huskies and Geno.

"I always watched them from my couch...." “I knew so much (about UConn). I followed them since I was little,” Muhl said. “That was actually my dream club when I was little. I followed them, always watched Geno’s videos, late night shows, watched the games so yeah I think I knew pretty much everything about them.”

UConn Women’s Basketball: 2020 PG Nika Muhl Commits to Huskies

Croatian guard Nika Muhl commits to UConn

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is great:

When Bozzella first got the Seton Hall job, a time when UConn and Seton Hall were in the Big East, Auriemma gave him tangible advice.

“There was a young lady (I was recruiting) and I was telling (Auriemma) I hope to get a follow-up with this kid,” Bozzella said. “And Geno said, ‘you have a chance.’ He told me, ‘do you know that she changes her nail polish everyday,’ and I was like, ‘What?’ He picked up on that and I bet you a lot of coaches don’t do that.

“I brought that up to that kid and she couldn’t believe I noticed. It was interesting because he noticed that on a kid he wasn’t even recruiting. When he goes to games, people think he’s just watching the game, but he is paying attention to everything.”

Reaction Score
Nice article. Thanks, Nan.
When it is all said and done and when Geno retires we will have a hard time filling a once in lifetime coach and motivator. I’ve always felt when I hear him speak and how he handles himself in situations it is listening to a genius.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Nice article. But I think Berube was a sophomore when she made those free throws.

Reaction Score
Nope Sales was only freshman that year
Berube was a sophomore

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA