Really good movies no one seems to know | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Really good movies no one seems to know

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I've seen this a couple times, including just recently. "What We Did On Our Holiday." Rosamund Pike (very underrated IMO) and a bunch of other British actors I'm not familiar with. Pike and her husband are going through a divorce but haven't told the rest of their family yet. Their 3 kids are upset and acting out in various ways. They leave the city to go to the 75th birthday party of Pike's father in law (Billy Connolly was great in this role) in the Scottish countryside. Some hilarity ensues, but then things take a dramatic turn. The 3 kids pretty much steal the movie.

Reaction Score
Coherence - one of the better sci-fi movies of the last 5 years and very few people have seen it. On hulu now it seems.

I watched based on your recommendation. Very good call. Not amazing, but definitely great for going so under the radar. I thought I'd seen a lot of movies, but this one certainly eluded me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think Casey's Shadow fits the bill here. Ostensibly about a boy and his horse, it's deeper than that. As I recall, it seemed to be marketed as a comedy when it's anything but. Walter Matthau is excellent as the horse trainer father, he kind of reminds me of Jim Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Enter the Void

It's like seeing the world held under a black light: This is a film that's meant to be experienced, not watched!

I just saw someone comment on this movie, watched a YouTube review and came here to see if anyone had posted on it. Seems pretty screwed up. Will definitely watch it during the break between holidays next week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom