Really ESPN? No front page AAC Player of the Year Article??? | The Boneyard

Really ESPN? No front page AAC Player of the Year Article???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shabazz Napier is AAC Player of the Year over Russ Smith & Sean Kilpatrick. All 3 are considered First team All American Players, but no mention of it on ESPN? AAC has 5 teams ranked in the Top 25 at the end of the regular season, tops among leagues… All 3 players deserve national attention, (deservedly so) but it’s swept under the rug by ESPN. Really???
YET, Freshman Jabari Parker is considered First Team All American, yet finishes 2nd to TJ Warren for ACC Player of the Year, but TJ Warren won’t make 1st, 2nd or 3rd Team All American… But this makes the front page of the NCAA Men’s Basketball page & front page of ESPN? Really??? I’m not knocking Warren because he’s been great, but when Warren wins over Parker, it becomes a Parker/Puke story… Really???

I’ll also add Wake Forest wins their first ACC tournament game since 2007 & that makes ESPN news. Really???

Reaction Score
There you go... one of the many reasons why I hate ESPN. I'll admit I still watch the channel since I don't have a choice for most college games, but my loyalty to ESPN is long gone

Reaction Score
If only we had a few ranked teams it might mean something. : ) Meanwhile in the ACC -a Dook player had 5 steals in a game and showed the definition of "plucky"- that makes SC.

Face it- we are the red headed stepchild of the NCAA.

Reaction Score
The ACC Tournament is featured on ESPN all day. Meanwhile, the AAC Tournament is stuck on ESPNU.

Number of ranked teams playing today for each conference:
ACC: 0
AAC: 5

Reaction Score
its the subtle things that espn does.
at one point, they had previews of the championship week for each of the Big 5.
In football, you can't have that discussion without the SEC. But in BB?

SEC basketball sucks. yet espn will push it over the AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom