Really bad radio PBP today | The Boneyard

Really bad radio PBP today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm sorry about this. I like Wayne N. as a No. 2 but that was the worst play-by-play I think I've ever heard. Always 5-10 seconds behind the action, rare updates on score, no urgency in voice when it was a 1-possession game. Figure a lot of us were listening on way home from Rent. Not quite a JoeD guy either but today made me appreciate him more.

Reaction Score
Absolutely zero sense of urgency on FSU's potential game winning possession. And like you say, it's important to show it because such a solid percentage of fans were tuning in on way home from Rent.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He was so bad that he doesn't get another chance. Next time they have to spend the money to get a decent call in there.

Reaction Score
AWFUL. Like many already said I was heading home from the Rent and actually turned it off. Figured the DVR recording would be a better way to catch the game.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry about this. I like Wayne N. as a No. 2 but that was the worst play-by-play I think I've ever heard. Always 5-10 seconds behind the action, rare updates on score, no urgency in voice when it was a 1-possession game. Figure a lot of us were listening on way home from Rent. Not quite a JoeD guy either but today made me appreciate him more.

You nailed it. The only reason I didn't turn it off was because of the score. The capper for me was when he said a three pointer by FSU missed only to say it went in about 5seconds later.

He was stuck between giving play by play and analysis and when giving the analysis it was unclear if it was for the current play or the one he just called.

It sounded like a local cable access production all around today, especially given the setting of the game and the size of the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom