Reality - where we at. | The Boneyard

Reality - where we at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3-3 overall.

0-1 Conference.

Six conference games to go.

Where do we stack up against our conference? Simple ranking (1-8)

Total Defense: #1
Pass Defense: #1
Run Defense: #2
Scoring Defense: #3
Sacks: #1
TFL: #1
Interceptions: #6
Fumbles Forced: T #1
Fumbles Recovered: #3
Passed Defended: #2
Opp first downs allowed (lowest) : #1
Opp 3rd Down conversion stopped: #1
Opp Red Zone stopps? #8 - allowed points 8 of 8 times - opponents have 100% point scoring rate - that surprised me.
Opp long scrimmage plays allowed? #1

PUnting:
Ave dist. #7
# punts per game: #1 - by far. 7 punts more than #2.
Punt returns: #2 Much better than last year.
Dont' have a stat for punts inside 20, but I think we're pretty good there.
Punt coverages: #6. Still need improvement here.

(all of this so far tells you our offense isn't moving the ball in the open field, the stats will show soon - but don't need to see them to know that with this info so far)

Kickoffs:
Returns #4 - don't expect to see a lot of these against Temple - their kicker touchbacks 80% of kicks.
Coverages: #7.....still need lots of improvement here.

Kicking:
Attempts : T #1
Made: t#1 7 of 10
XP: 14 for 14.
Long - 49 yds? Not sure.

OK - OFFENSE

Total offense: #7. Temple averages less overall yardage a game.
Scoring offense: 19.8g #8, by far the worst.
Rushing offense: #8 2.8 yards a carry average. Pathetic.
Passing offense: #7 Temple #8
Third down conversions: #7 Temple #8
Red Zone conversions: #3 12 TD, 3 FG No wonder coach P chose this to talk about. It's the only thing we can have any support for that we do well unfortunately, most of the time we're able to get into the red zone, is because our defense and special teams have put us there!
Turnovers: T - #7 with USF.
Sacks allowed: #8 No improvement here.
Tackles for loss allowed: #8 37 f8cking times, we've gone backwards on an offensive play. Six times a game on average.
Third down conversions success %: #7 Temple is worse.
First downs gained: #7. 16 game. Temple is worse 14 per game?

What does it all mean?

You figure it out.

All I can say, is that we better have more points than they do when it's over, and we better win the next game, and we better start showing improvement on the offensive side of the ball and win more games after that.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/conference/index.html

Reaction Score
It means without PP, we wouldn't have GD nor DB.

Reaction Score
Those are our stats against a soft OOC and Rutgers. I don't buy the "We've played good teams argument".

We better beat Temple tomorrow or this is going to become a real shitshow real fast.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
only ncst and ruty were top 40 teams we played and both of those i would argue are on the bottom half of the top 40. we should be 5-1 or 6-0. this has been a mess carl. we still have cin cy and lville later so at best we are looking at 7-5 if we run the table to that point. if we do that its a miracle.

Reaction Score
Herm Edwards on winning in a game with alot of pressure ala game 5 Yanks/Orioles "don't screw up the cha cha". The pressure is on the players to win the attitude battle. Remember the Temple game in Philly under Edsall? That can't happen. The pressure is on the Coach's to to know what we can execute on offense to give the D some help. Please no Texas wishbone.

Reaction Score
It means without PP, we wouldn't have GD nor DB.

I'm doing the best I can to be excited for this game tomorrow. I'm expecting a 9-6 snoozer, in which I'm clawing my nails off because i know taht one big play, in the wrong direction, and ruh roh.

It could be that we go out and hang 60 on these guys too and destroy them. It's not that far fetched. It's just so damn unpredictable what we're goign to do on offense.

When the coaching staff promised unpredicatability on offense, I know this is NOT the unpredictability that I was expecting.

Got to be careful what you wish for.

Reaction Score
We have 4 consecutive winnable games coming up starting tomorrow. I think that is the bottom line. We need to continue to play good defense. Improve our red zone defense which has been very poor, improve our take-aways particularly picks, and play more imaginative and wide open offense.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
We arn't even close to bottom yet,gotta long way to go,gonna be a painful ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom