Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
What I loved about our teams
1) rebounding margin, always national leaders
2) defensive FG%, always national leaders
3) tough as nails
4) impose our will on them
5) cut the head off the snake

we were always a bunch of tough SOB's, ready for a street fight, you knew we were competing with anyone anywhere

willie99

Reaction Score
the new reality

1) we can't rebound, we're even out-rebounded by third world teams. The Twerps owned us 45-24
2) long lapses on defense, uncontested layups and wide open 3's
3) we're soft
4) we impose our will on nobody
5) the snake has his way with us

I don't get it, especially the rebounding, and this is not a 2 month trend

willie99

Reaction Score
what do I hope for today?

When they're playing hard after falling way behind, their defense is not bad. Although rebounding's still a problem

Ollie hires a big man coach and implements Calhoun's rebounding drills, which he obviously cannot be doing at this point

We start to run organized offensive sets, as opposed to perimeter passing and ally-oops. We have to do better on a consistent basis

I just don't like the way things have been trending, I guess replacing Jim is going to be a lot harder that I initially believed when Kevin took over

Kevin does a great job recruiting, maybe he just needs to find himself from a coaching perspective

willie99

Reaction Score
PS: our free throw disparity is just has bad as our rebounding is and our defense is for 1/2 of every game

willie99

Reaction Score
^^^^^^

ouch, you got game, awesome baby

H

huskymagic

the new reality

1) we can't rebound, we're even out-rebounded by third world teams. The Twerps owned us 45-24
2) long lapses on defense, uncontested layups and wide open 3's
3) we're soft
4) we impose our will on nobody
5) the snake has his way with us

I don't get it, especially the rebounding, and this is not a 2 month trend

Willie your absolutely right, but its just temporary all we need is Gibbs to keep doing what he is doing:rolleyes: and everything will be fine. Our guards other than Jalen and our big men other than Brimah are not up to UCONN standards despite recruiting rankings out of high school. Gibbs and Purvis would not have sniffed the court except in garbage time on Calhoun's teams. We need Jim Calhoun's expertise in recruiting. He should be on the payroll to go after guys he thinks can help the team. What your noticing is spot on, but our "experts" on the yard think Gibbs and small ball lineup is the solution to our problems when nothing could be further from the truth.

Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, Facey, and Brimah should start from now on if he want to change the dynamic. Enoch and Brimah lineups should also be utilized against big teams as well to help with rebounding woes. We need to go big and go with guys who play defense with this group.

Reaction Score
Willie your absolutely right, but its just temporary all we need is Gibbs to keep doing what he is doing:rolleyes: and everything will be fine. Our guards other than Jalen and our big men other than Brimah are not up to UCONN standards despite recruiting rankings out of high school. Gibbs and Purvis would not have sniffed the court except in garbage time on Calhoun's teams. We need Jim Calhoun's expertise in recruiting. He should be on the payroll to go after guys he thinks can help the team. What your noticing is spot on, but our "experts" on the yard think Gibbs and small ball lineup is the solution to our problems when nothing could be further from the truth.

Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, Facey, and Brimah should start from now on if he want to change the dynamic. Enoch and Brimah lineups should also be utilized against big teams as well to help with rebounding woes. We need to go big and go with guys who play defense with this group.

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/mysteries-at-the-museum/video/magic-trick-gone-wrong

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

I wish we could tell sarcasm better on the internet because this post reads sarcastic but you might be serious, either way I can't tell. However, if you are serious your wrong which is why you aren't coaching the UConn MBB team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's the "new" reality:

1) Shocker - we are not going to have an undefeated season this year. If you were expecting that, you should be over on the WBB board.

2) A team that lost it's point guard, most prolific scorer and leader will, as it turns out, need some time to find itself.

3) Adding two 5th year seniors to the team as starters isn't the same as having a four year player on the team.

4) Ollie isn't perfect.

5) The summer didn't magically morph Brimah into Wilt Chamberlain. He's a shot blocker with a limited offensive game and a propensity not to rebound.

Now, if any of that shocks any of you, you may want to stop watching the season now. For the rest of us, this team will improve. It will take some time. Watching kid's mature and watching a team develop over the course of season is a big part of the fun college basketball. It's way too early to get the pitchforks and torches out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom