real question...please don't read anything else into it | The Boneyard

real question...please don't read anything else into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
What good things, or strengths, is PP generally credited with? I think his weaknesses have been documented at length.

thanks...

Reaction Score
He hired a competent DC. And made nice friends with the CT high school coaches. Probably wouldn't have landed Cochran without him. He also gets credit for bringing in Whitmer, who I'm fairly bullish on going forward.

Reaction Score
What good things, or strengths, is PP generally credited with? I think his weaknesses have been documented at length.

thanks...

He is very persistent on offense.

Reaction Score
Getting the media to love, love, love him is a strength. Remember, all you need is love, da, da, da, da, dumb.

Reaction Score
Recruiting. NE HS ties. Uh. Hmmm. Give me a minute ...

Reaction Score

thanks...

Perhaps his recruiting, though we probably won't know for another year or two. But this does appear to be one of our better recruiting classes to date, and the guys coming in seem to have better "measurables" than old players (i.e., taller, faster, stronger). Whether that turns into wins on the field remains to be seen.

Say what you want, but this team could've given up after the losing streak. But they still went out and played hard and beat Louisville. So I'm not entirely sure he can't get the kids to play.

He talks to the media a bit more about what he's actually trying to do and scheme. Edsall was pretty tight-lipped, but Pasqualoni will actually take time out and talk about zone blocking and what he actually thinks is wrong.

Someone I know who works in one of the offices of players being recruited by him say he's actually quite affable and is fully aware of the situation going forward. He knows everybody's disappointed with the O-line and the terrible offense. He says what he says in the media cause there isn't much else to say, but I do believe he knows better.

He's had a job in the NFL, and he's the winningest coach in Big East history, so you have to believe he's not brain dead. People can talk about how he's too "old school" but you have to believe football doesn't change THAT much. For all the talk about crazy offensive formations at WVU and Oregon, perhaps the best team in the last 5 years (Bama) is a hard-nosed team which plays big defense and runs the ball down people's throats. Doesn't get more old school than that.

All in all, I don't dislike Pasqualoni like most people here. As you said, he does have flaws. We all know them. But most coaches do. And he's not combative or sensitive about it, which I appreciate. Next year is his 3rd year. Lots of coaches suck in their first two years. One of them is our former coach. Can he step up to the plate? Time will tell.

Reaction Score
If Manuel polled the team, PP would get a pretty significant amount of support. The players seem to like him. GDL, not so much! Some parents are livid about the way GDL treats their kids. Others are more complimentary about his ability to coach up their sons.

Reaction Score
If Manuel polled the team, PP would get a pretty significant amount of support. The players seem to like him. GDL, not so much! Some parents are livid about the way GDL treats their kids. Others are more complimentary about his ability to coach up their sons.

Can you elaborate on PP and the dislike of GDL? If not, I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom