Ready Player One: The Movie | The Boneyard

Ready Player One: The Movie

Reaction Score
Ready Player One Movie: What We Know So Far - CINEMABLEND

I'm actually pretty excited for this. Since Spielberg is directing it, then it must have the resources to be pretty good. I listened to this book a few years ago and I will probably actually read it again.

If you played '80s video games or even were tangentially aware of Dungeons and Dragons then you will be able to relate to this.

Reaction Score
The book was pretty awesome and a ton of fun. The love for pop culture hit home for me. Can't wait for the first trailer!

Reaction Score
The book was pretty awesome and a ton of fun. The love for pop culture hit home for me. Can't wait for the first trailer!

I think it's a mistake for Spielberg to remove most of the references to his work from the movie version. I think the self reflexivity would be cool and since his movies were such a big part of the '80s and '90s a piece might be missing. But other than that, I have high expectations for this film.

Reaction Score
I think it's a mistake for Spielberg to remove most of the references to his work from the movie version. I think the self reflexivity would be cool and since his movies were such a big part of the '80s and '90s a piece might be missing. But other than that, I have high expectations for this film.
Agreed, although I can understand that he probably doesn't want people to think that he's trying to self-aggrandize. His movies in particular were mentioned as much as anything in the book so I hope he at least keeps some reference to them.

I've got Ernest Cline's next book Armada sitting on my nightstand waiting for a free moment. Dang newborn.

Reaction Score
Saw the movie this weekend.

I thought he nailed the look of the stacks in Columbus.

But like one review I read, it felt like the world has changed since the book came out. All of that geeky ‘80s stuff from the book is cool now.

It also totally oozed Spielberg. If this movie was made 4-5 years ago it would have been better I think but it was overall a decent cinematic adaptation of the book.

Director Krennec sure is in a bunch of movies right now.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Saw the movie this weekend.

I thought he nailed the look of the stacks in Columbus.

But like one review I read, it felt like the world has changed since the book came out. All of that geeky ‘80s stuff from the book is cool now.

It also totally oozed Spielberg. If this movie was made 4-5 years ago it would have been better I think but it was overall a decent cinematic adaptation of the book.

Director Krennec sure is in a bunch of movies right now.

They also changed quite a bit from the book.

I get that some of it wasn't going to work in a movie (like playing Pacman 300 times) but still....it was surprising how much they changed it since I believe Cline was associated with the film.

Reaction Score
They also changed quite a bit from the book.

I get that some of it wasn't going to work in a movie (like playing Pacman 300 times) but still....it was surprising how much they changed it since I believe Cline was associated with the film.

I wouldn’t have revealed the girl until much later in the film.

the Q

Reaction Score

And I would've revealed the co-founder much earlier....like the scene where he shows up in the book...which was a scene i was really looking forward to.

Reaction Score
And I would've revealed the co-founder much earlier....like the scene where he shows up in the book...which was a scene i was really looking forward to.

Pretty bad. We went to the late show and I actually fell asleep. Reordering key events ruined some of the suspense for me.

the Q

Reaction Score
Pretty bad. We went to the late show and I actually fell asleep. Reordering key events ruined some of the suspense for me.

Some of them wouldn't be easy to pull off.

But others were just mistakes.

the Q

Reaction Score

I think they did it because it's hard to convey his obsession over her via her blog.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom