Readjusting the team's strategy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Readjusting the team's strategy

Reaction Score
I hope I am wrong, but I just don’t see Geno making any significant changes, particularly with Amari or Ines. His coaching DNA is hard-coded. He will play 6 maybe 7 person rotation and ride that as far as it takes them.
IMO throw away the book on Geno this year unless injuries keep forcing his hand. There are too many unknowns. More than any other which is why he'll go deeper in the bench in search of answers rather than already having answers and just trying to refine them.

It's a shame- we would have had a Core 6 of Paige, Azzi, Nika, Caroline, Aubrey, Aaliyah

then probably Ice -- then maybe KK and/or Patterson in emrgencies unless blwouts occurred or leads expanded, or they knew they would eventually overwhlem an opponent.

Now I expect we're going to see a deeper bench but a lot more erratic games that will come down to the greatness of Paige. IMO even winning the Big East is going to be extremely, extremely, extremely tough.

Reaction Score
All have a good argument. But me I would start Paige Nika, Aubrey, Aleyah, and could fill in with Ashland or Kk. And then switch out the freshman when Caroline gets back. But as I have said over and over, They need to play as one. Remember last year. And it's been a long time since Paige has played with this group. Nika is a great point guard. Paige can definitely play with her. And all need to flow with them and Aleyah. They are getting better. And when they do, they will be unstoppable, they need a signiture win on Sunday. Texas has played nobody's
Just like SC and LSU. Where Geno puts uconn with the toughest schedule. So let's be real. Uconn will handle its business. All of this is my opinion after watching them play.
So may all have a great game on Sunday, all remain healthy, and be Huskies.
Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
All have a good argument. But me I would start Paige Nika, Aubrey, Aleyah, and could fill in with Ashland or Kk. And then switch out the freshman when Caroline gets back. But as I have said over and over, They need to play as one. Remember last year. And it's been a long time since Paige has played with this group. Nika is a great point guard. Paige can definitely play with her. And all need to flow with them and Aleyah. They are getting better. And when they do, they will be unstoppable, they need a signiture win on Sunday. Texas has played nobody's
Just like SC and LSU. Where Geno puts uconn with the toughest schedule. So let's be real. Uconn will handle its business. All of this is my opinion after watching them play.
So may all have a great game on Sunday, all remain healthy, and be Huskies.
Go Huskies.
Yes , let’s be real. SC strength of schedule is equal to or greater than UConn and LSU has played two top 10 teams including a victory over one of them. Agree that Texas has played no one.

Reaction Score
Correct! But, to be effective we must have an outlet capable of scoring consistently from the other side and so far that has been lacking unfortunately. Hopefully in time it will come, I'm just not sure who it will come from?
I hope that it may be Ashlynn or Q! ( NIKA?) Tomorrow will tell the tale!

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Ines get more PT as she looked really good in the European Games for Portugal this summer!
And at this stage of the game it couldn't hurt more than our situation already does!
I'd like to see UCONN being SO far ahead that INES and all first year players get time!
But... we may have to wait until Wednesday against Ball State to see that!

Reaction Score
Uh, that's not going to happen. But I agree that regardless of how it goes from here on in, we could try to do a better job of just riding with the punches.
The criticism will diminish as we get into conference games. We are playing NCAA tournament level games at the moment. They are intense and the competition is first rate. We were looking for a championship a few months ago. Now, with all the recent injuries, we are back in the "whirlpool." and finding it tough to find a level stroke. Our hope is this; we remain healthy. Geno finds winning combinations players. The freshmen begin to blossom.

In truth , however, we have lost too much to win it all ( my opinion). We'll be a tough out and a fearsome opponent. But I don't see how we can beat a team like LSU ( Reese; Van Lith; Morrow; 2023 high school player of the year, and others I don't even know. ), or South Carolina . We must be satisfied puling off an upset or two. All we can do is enjoy what we see unfold. We haven't started to play our best yet. Not even close.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see UCONN being SO far ahead that INES and all first year players get time!
But... we may have to wait until Wednesday against Ball State to see that!
I Agee. I think INES deserves time and will play well. But she is behind a Maginot line of great guards.

Reaction Score
Yes , let’s be real. SC strength of schedule is equal to or greater than UConn and LSU has played two top 10 teams including a victory over one of them. Agree that Texas has played no one.
Really LSU is 55 and SC is 3 and UConn is
2nd. So I stand by what I say. Screenshot_20231202-223046_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20231202-223032_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Really LSU is 55 and SC is 3 and UConn is
2nd. So I stand by what I say.
You said SC (and LSU) have played nobody. SC is 3rd behind UConn by decimals point. So if you are going to stand on that weak argument, then you’d have to say UConn has played nobody also. You can have your own opinion, but you can’t have your own facts. SC has the third best SOS in the country by the data you provided. Your claim that they have played nobody is patently ridiculous! But you go ahead and stand by your opinion which is contradicted by your own facts!

Reaction Score
You said SC (and LSU) have played nobody. SC is 3rd behind UConn by decimals point. So if you are going to stand on that weak argument, then you’d have to say UConn has played nobody also. You can have your own opinion, but you can’t have your own facts. SC has the third best SOS in the country by the data you provided. Your claim that they have played nobody is patently ridiculous! But you go ahead and stand by your opinion which is contradicted by your own facts!
I will agree on SC, but LSU facts prove out.But take the time to pull up SC schedule and tell me besides who they have played and against uconn coming up. Who is a ranked team or a team that anyone could beat. And that's why I say that SC plays nobody..

Reaction Score
I will agree on SC, but LSU facts prove out.But take the time to pull up SC schedule and tell me besides who they have played and against uconn coming up. Who is a ranked team or a team that anyone could beat. And that's why I say that SC plays nobody..
Screenshot_20231203-095103_ESPN.jpg

Reaction Score
I hope I am wrong, but I just don’t see Geno making any significant changes, particularly with Amari or Ines. His coaching DNA is hard-coded. He will play 6 maybe 7 person rotation and ride that as far as it takes them.
Agree, right now he pretty much has to use 8 of the 10 players available and has little reason to even consider Ines or Amari. If we have another injury who knows.

But Ines and Amari will have time to try to show they warrant more playing time. That will not come in an important game, however, it will be in conference blow outs during garbage time. If they can string several consecutive good outings, not one good 5 minute stretch, their role could be reconsidered.

Personally I don't expect either to show they deserve more time than a player currently used. They haven't received much playing time obviously, but the results in the minutes they did get were not good, and that track record means something. You add that to what Geno sees on a much more frequent basis in practice, and the burden of proof is clearly on the players to disprove what they have shown in games and in practice.

We were looking at 14 players before injuries hit. At that time on paper I thought Ines was clearly number 14 of that group and I probably would have considered Amari number 13 but possibly ahead of Q. Do I think a #41 recruit freshmen would probably be more relevant to the team that a Junior #15 recruit even though if anything there was far greater competition on the wing than at C? Yes, because Amari's ranking means nothing now, she has to produce.

Reaction Score
AE has been controlled in every loss and most of that has been because she gets the ball and turns to the basket just to run into a couple trees. They also MUST do a better job of finishing on easy baskets. They have missed a bunch of them and if you miss lay ups you don't beat good teams.
AE is very good if opponents give her a straight line to the basket and don't contest her shots. Otherwise, not so much. Last season when they ran a lot, she got a lot of those. This year the team is not running to the same degree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom