Reaction to Syracuse game | The Boneyard

Reaction to Syracuse game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had the pleasure of watching the game here in Western Quebec, where we had 10 inches of snow today and the temperatures two days ago reached 20 below. Hey, we are Arizonans, and are suffering from thermal shock. As a result, watching a fast-moving basketball game was just the thing to warm us up.

For whatever reason, this was a very satisfying game. Maybe it is just because it's Syracuse, which we all love to hate. Anyway, it was great to see UConn push the ball in to Stef in spite of a big opponent. I have contended all along that the team must do this to be successful against good teams. And Breanna looked better than I'd expected, especially at the end. Hartley still leaves me gumpy with passes to nowhere -- repeat after me, she is not a point guard -- but that's being picky.

Syracuse can be a hell of a team. They are not there yet, but they can be later, and could give some teams fits in the tournament. Even though they have had good players in the past, this is th first year I've thought this.

It seemed to me that the regulars were left in very late into the game. Less Morgan Tuck than I had expected. Caroline plays a ton, it seems, and does reasonably well, though not as an offensive force. Knowing everyhing she has been through, I keep thinking of her in the same way as someone who once described a dog walking on its hind legs -- it is not that it does it well, but that it can do it at all. Obviously she is a much better than marginal player, but it amazes me that she can play anywhere above marginal. I'm amazed at how quickly and more efficiently she pushes the ball up the floor than other players do. One other perhaps obvious observation: I thought UConn really missed Kiah.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had a reaction to the Notre Dame game--a migraine.

Enjoy the weather!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"Cuse definately leads the BE in interesting hairdos!

Reaction Score
Definitely in the scoring of hair, SU wins by a l0t. I did notice that in the half time interview that "a little bit will do you" would earn Geno more $$$$. Ah, would CD ever, ever, ( as opposed to really, really) allow this wild yellow and red hair? . I would guess not but who knows what goes now.
Coach Q looked good.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I kept thinking there must have been one heck of a team party at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom