RE 1.0's Kryptonite is now RE 2.0 | The Boneyard

RE 1.0's Kryptonite is now RE 2.0

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
When we think back to the HCRE 1.0 years, there are plenty of fond memories.

More than anything else 1.0 won the games he should and early season FCS games were over by halftime. I expect the HC game to be effectively over by halftime.

And when we played "better" teams, we were almost always in it - especially at home and won more than our fair share of close games.

But he did have a blindspot. Kryptonite, if you will.

A villain named Rich Rodriguez. Even when RR was at Michigan, his teams ran wild over HCRE's team.

During the Pat White year, they beat us by an average score of 46-14.

The year The Donald rushed for over 2K, we had them at home and took an early lead 10-0. What happen next is etched in my brain. I was listening to the game over the internet when this sequence happened:

• 2nd and 1 at CONN 12
    (12:52 - 2nd) Jock Sanders rush for 2 yards to the UConn 10 for a 1ST down.

• (12:52 - 2nd) West Virginia penalty 5 yard false start accepted.
  • (12:30 - 2nd) Alric Arnett rush for a loss of 4 yards, fumbled, recovered by WVirg Alric Arnett at the UConn 19.
  • (12:00 - 2nd) Pat White sacked by Lindsey Witten for a loss of 5 yards to the UConn 24.
  • (11:23 - 2nd) Pat White rush for 24 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.
And Joe D said there was no one within 10 yards of White when he scored. I still can't imagine what exactly happened. I guess that's why I can't forget it.

We stayed close for a while but the wheels came off late and we lost by 3+ TDs.

RR's teams were built off of an offense that spread the field vertically and horizontally and rushed the ball extremely effectively. They threw the ball enough to speedy receivers who were capable to put up 6 points in one play.

They had play makers who were often overlooked in recruiting - WVU was the only school to recruit Pat White as a QB (and not a DB) and Steve Slaton started his breakout year in the 4th position on the depth chart. Neither was a diamond in the rough but more like diamonds with 3 stars.

His Defenses were 3-3-5 and were aggressive and athletic.

He proved that he could play and beat anyone in the nation and did it with good not incredible recruiting classes that were filled with speed and more speed.

It seems to me that RE 2.0 is trying to recreate that magic with Lashlee and Crocker.

If he can pull this off, we'll be able to play and beat anyone in the country.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1) SDhusky?
2) Ease up the reigns just a bit. It's just a smidge too soon to be comparing us the RR WVU teams.

Reaction Score
When we think back to the HCRE 1.0 years, there are plenty of fond memories.

More than anything else 1.0 won the games he should and early season FCS games were over by halftime. I expect the HC game to be effectively over by halftime.

And when we played "better" teams, we were almost always in it - especially at home and won more than our fair share of close games.

But he did have a blindspot. Kryptonite, if you will.

A villain named Rich Rodriguez. Even when RR was at Michigan, his teams ran wild over HCRE's team.

During the Pat White year, they beat us by an average score of 46-14.

The year The Donald rushed for over 2K, we had them at home and took an early lead 10-0. What happen next is etched in my brain. I was listening to the game over the internet when this sequence happened:

• 2nd and 1 at CONN 12
    (12:52 - 2nd) Jock Sanders rush for 2 yards to the UConn 10 for a 1ST down.

• (12:52 - 2nd) West Virginia penalty 5 yard false start accepted.
  • (12:30 - 2nd) Alric Arnett rush for a loss of 4 yards, fumbled, recovered by WVirg Alric Arnett at the UConn 19.
  • (12:00 - 2nd) Pat White sacked by Lindsey Witten for a loss of 5 yards to the UConn 24.
  • (11:23 - 2nd) Pat White rush for 24 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.
And Joe D said there was no one within 10 yards of White when he scored. I still can't imagine what exactly happened. I guess that's why I can't forget it.

We stayed close for a while but the wheels came off late and we lost by 3+ TDs.

RR's teams were built off of an offense that spread the field vertically and horizontally and rushed the ball extremely effectively. They threw the ball enough to speedy receivers who were capable to put up 6 points in one play.

They had play makers who were often overlooked in recruiting - WVU was the only school to recruit Pat White as a QB (and not a DB) and Steve Slaton started his breakout year in the 4th position on the depth chart. Neither was a diamond in the rough but more like diamonds with 3 stars.

His Defenses were 3-3-5 and were aggressive and athletic.

He proved that he could play and beat anyone in the nation and did it with good not incredible recruiting classes that were filled with speed and more speed.

It seems to me that RE 2.0 is trying to recreate that magic with Lashlee and Crocker.

If he can pull this off, we'll be able to play and beat anyone in the country.

Quinton Flowers at USF reminds me a lot of Pat White. It will be interesting to see how HCRE defends Flowers in game two on September 9.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
1) SDhusky?
2) Ease up the reigns just a bit. It's just a smidge too soon to be comparing us the RR WVU teams.
shhhhhh....

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Wasn't that also the game that Endres missed a wide open WR (Moore or Easley?) to start the second half that would have put us up 17-0? SOmething like that.

Edit: 2008. UConn up 13-7 to start the 3rd quarter and Endres didn't connect with Moore (or he dropped it, I can't remember) on a deep ball that would have been a TD.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I believe you are thinking of the Kashif Moore ball in the hands that would have gone for a loooonnnngggg TD and got dropped.

Yup you are correct. I just edited my post a second ago when I looked up the play by play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom