RB/CB CJ Holmes ~ Cheshire Academy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

RB/CB CJ Holmes ~ Cheshire Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn in B1G, ACC or Big12 would make a huge difference in the coolness factor.

Not impossible but getting harder and harder with increased exposure of CT HS/Prep talent and large well known programs wandering the hallways and fields in the state.

Gee I thought there wasn't any talent in Ct.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So does Cheshire have to go undefeated this fall or what?

Reaction Score
Not sure Cheshire pipeline will fit in to UConn/HCBD philosophy. Kids are being recruited there and being told to focus on sports and grades will be taken care of. Cheshire is becoming UNC in our own backyard. AAC will NEVER help in recruiting, but even if we were in B12, it'd be interesting to see how our values and philosophy would change when it came to recruiting at football factories.
What do you base this on? Cheshire Academy is good prep school that been around forever, not some fly by night fb mill.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Funny looks if not...

Well, yeah - true..got the schollie now w/o playing a down this fall...

However my point really is that opposing teams will be super amped to play the team loaded with Top 25 d1 talent. And so, it will be interesting to see how the squad actually plays. In this long off season they certainly been given attention on par with any prep school in the country. This fall there will be some pressure to match the off season attention with on field performance.

C

Chief00

Unfortunately, from what I have been told, UConn is not even on the radar screen.

C

Chief00

Thank you for your insight...
Sorry - excellent source. Realistically, its really hard - since we are not P5 to get guys who are top rated type players. They want to play against the best. Newsome was an exception and we are fortunate to have him. Don't shoot the messenger. Quite frankly, if in doubt I try to be optimistic - but in this case (barring a huge unforeseen change) UConn isn't happening. Kids do sometimes change there mind. But very unlikely here.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sorry - excellent source. Realistically, its really hard - since we are not P5 to get guys who are top rated type players. They want to play against the best. Newsome was an exception and we are fortunate to have him. Don't shoot the messenger. Quite frankly, if in doubt I try to be optimistic - but in this case (barring a huge unforeseen change) UConn isn't happening. Kids do sometimes change there mind. But very unlikely here.

Chief, that was a case of sarcasm from huskymedic that flew way over your head.

Reaction Score
Chief, that was a case of sarcasm from huskymedic that flew way over your head.

shhh.jpg

Reaction Score
It annoys me to see Syracuse on that list...

Yup... but the solace is that he has been clear that he wanted to head out of State from the start of the process.

It is like the old SAT question - "Which of the following associations is unlike the others"!

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Yup... but the solace is that he has been clear that he wanted to head out of State from the start of the process.

It is like the old SAT question - "Which of the following associations is unlike the others"!

Really? I never knew that. Syracuse seems like a real outlier in comparison with those schools.

Reaction Score
Irish Illustrated@PeteSampson_ 1 hour ago
Best player at Irish Invasion? Might have been four-star athlete C.J. Holmes. @CjHo1mes can do a little bit of everything for an offense.

C

Chief00

Don't shoot the messenger - I wish he was going to UConn. But it is what it is - CJ, quite frankly, is ND bound. He is an exceptional athlete and Coach Kelly will utilize his skills well. Not much Diaco could do given the level he wanted to play at. Barring injuries I project him as a NFL level guy in a few years. He will get a good education at ND as well.

Reaction Score
Don't shoot the messenger - I wish he was going to UConn

I've watched CJ grow up - He held a UConn offer and visited campus w/ his CA team mates but his intent was to always head out of state for school. With his talent growing and recruiting blowing up the way it has, he can write his own ticket on where he goes.

My point is that he hasn't publicly announced he is going to ND (yet). There is a still a chance he switches things up. He had the Michigan fans spinning this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom