Rayah Marshall (UConn lean?) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rayah Marshall (UConn lean?)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Chong was fouled and there was no call. If she hits both foul shots or even one we most likely win If it was Skyler Diggins on the drive the refs wouldve blown the whistle and she wouldve went to the line. A absolutely terrible no call

Reaction Score
How many NC's has UConn won without a superstar? Taurasi 3, Moore 2, Stewart 4. That's 9 of 11.

Silly statement. Geno himself has addressed this. The team with the best players tend to win. No mystery there.

Reaction Score
How many NC's has UConn won without a superstar? Taurasi 3, Moore 2, Stewart 4. That's 9 of 11.
And the other two NCs:

1995 NC team had 2 NPOYs (Lobo '95 and Rizzotti '96) and one runner up NPOY (Wolters '97).

Tamika Catchings was NPOY in 2000. So if the definition of "superstar" is NPOY, then our 2000 NC team didn't have one. But it DID have multiple bona fide AA's - not just marginal "barely made the Wall of Honor" AA's, but IMO legit "superstars":

Sue Bird
Swin Cash
Svetlana Abrosimova
Shea Ralph

Reaction Score
And the other two NCs:

1995 NC team had 2 NPOYs (Lobo '95 and Rizzotti '96) and one runner up NPOY (Wolters '97).

Tamika Catchings was NPOY in 2000. So if the definition of "superstar" is NPOY, then our 2000 NC team didn't have one. But it DID have multiple bona fide AA's - not just marginal "barely made the Wall of Honor" AA's, but IMO legit "superstars":

Sue Bird
Swin Cash
Svetlana Abrosimova
Shea Ralph

How did we win in 2000 with those slugs?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
And the other two NCs:

Sue Bird
Swin Cash
Svetlana Abrosimova
Shea Ralph

All great players - but superstar? - not in my opinion.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Chong was fouled and there was no call. If she hits both foul shots or even one we most likely win If it was Skyler Diggins on the drive the refs wouldve blown the whistle and she wouldve went to the line. A absolutely terrible no call
An absolutely terrible decision by Chong.

Reaction Score
I had a heated debate with myself about Lobo. A great player no doubt, but flip a coin about superstar.
Just as long as it didn’t get physical. lol

Reaction Score
I had a heated debate with myself about Lobo. A great player no doubt, but flip a coin about superstar.
"Super star" is such a subjective phrase but Lobo one of the most clutch players in UConn history. Extra credit for players who achieve a goal never done before in school's history. Earns "Mount Rushmore" of UConn greats.

Reaction Score
Lobo was the super star of her time...so 10/11. That 2000 team was just stacked and not sure there was a superstar.

Having a superstar on your roster certainly helps but just off-hand I can name 3 who never won a title for their programs, McCaughtry, Diggins, Ionescu. It may be tough to win one without a superstar but having one or even 2 is no guarantee of victory.

Reaction Score
For argument sake, Moore had Renee and Tina the first one and then Tina for the second but couldn't win a third without them..... Stewart also had some amazing teammates. That leaves me that DT is in a class all her own.....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

We can debate whether Diggins gets a call there, but that doesn't mean Chong was fouled. She got cut off, had nowhere to go, and left her feet as she forced a shot in desperation. I thought it was a good no call. Not really a charge, not a block. Either way, that game should've never come down to 1-2 plays.

Reaction Score
We can debate whether Diggins gets a call there, but that doesn't mean Chong was fouled. She got cut off, had nowhere to go, and left her feet as she forced a shot in desperation. I thought it was a good no call. Not really a charge, not a block. Either way, that game should've never come down to 1-2 plays.

Drats every time I see it.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I hear where you're coming from and I had to think long and hard but when you look at all that she has accomplished, how she's revered, and is now in both the Women's Basketball HOF in Knoxville AND the National Hall of Fame in Springfield, plus what Geno says about her, she's a superstar-it didn't always look pretty the way she did it they DT, Maya and Stewie made it look but the results were the same. Rizzotti and Wolters were very, very good players but I would agree, not superstars as evidence by their lack of buzz and lack of pinnacle success at the next level. Now, let us all agree that were Wolters or Rizzotti with any other program save Tennessee, they would be revered as superstars. It's just that UConn has so many "stars" I need my shades...:cool:

Reaction Score
Don't want to sidetrack the thread that really isn't geared to any subject anyway, but William was 6-17 for 13 points and 6 assists in that game. UConn really beat themselves with turnovers, missed free throws, and poor rebounding against a bigger team.

I had a bad feeling in the first two minutes when Ms. Automatic, Napheesa, missed two layups.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom