Ray rumor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ray rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah, I wouldn't mind him going to either the Clippers or Memphis - both are great fits, both are WC teams, and both already have another UConn player on their rosters.

It's too bad Chicago threw money at a washed up Rip last offseason because Ray would've been a perfect fit there.
it wouldve been much better if they resigned gordon

Reaction Score
3 games away of winning the division last season and ended the season on an 18-6 record after the coaching change. Know what you're talking about before you write nonsense.

Stop fooling yourself. You have Stoudamire who is breaking down and Anthony, who is as selfish a star as there is in the league. I know you'd like to pin your hopes on Lin, but let him show us that he can play through an entire season as a starter without breaking down, because physically, he sure doesn't look like it. The only nonsense is the idea that the Knicks have any realistic shot at doing anything.

Reaction Score
I don't think Miami can afford Ray.

They owe James+Bosh+Wade 52 million next year.

They also owe Miller 5.8 (he is signed through 2014-2015, lol)
They owe Chalmers 4.
They owe Haslem 4.
They owe Anthony 3.8 (he is signed through 2014-2015, lol)
They owe Battier 3.1
Jones 1.5
Cole 1.1

Or a total of 23.3 + 52 = 75.3 next year.

Good luck getting Ray. For that matter the Heat better win this year, because their lineup isn't going to look much better/different in the coming years unless the owner just breaks the bank.

Meanwhile the Clips have only 58 million tied up on their team. They may want to resign Foye and Young. Not sure on Martin or Evans though.

How does the "amnesty clause" come into play for the teams that are being mentioned? Because if it is viable, they are using it on Miller for sure. I don't know if they are targeting Allen, or anyone right now, but I do know that Riley is pretty cutthroat and isn't going to hesitate to make moves.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Stop fooling yourself. You have Stoudamire who is breaking down and Anthony, who is as selfish a star as there is in the league. I know you'd like to pin your hopes on Lin, but let him show us that he can play through an entire season as a starter without breaking down, because physically, he sure doesn't look like it. The only nonsense is the idea that the Knicks have any realistic shot at doing anything.

This will be the first full camp with the front court. After going 18-6 and playing with a sense of urgency, and now having an actual POINT GUARD, I'm looking forward to securing the Atlantic and getting homecourt in the playoffs. All the players want to play for Woodson; though his playoff record isn't stellar, he has a better team than he had in Atlanta. One step at time after a trainwreck of a decade.

Reaction Score
If the Knicks were smart, they'd put the full court press on Nash. Fortunately (for the Celtics), they will probably make the mistake of giving Lin a long-term deal.

I would be surprised if they finish ahead of the Celts next year, assuming Garnett is back.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
We will finish ahead of the Celtics. They split this past season and the Celtics needed an overtime at home to beat NY. Of the teams in the East, Boston isn't one that I'm too worried about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
We will finish ahead of the Celtics. They split this past season and the Celtics needed an overtime at home to beat NY. Of the teams in the East, Boston isn't one that I'm too worried about.

Boston took Miami to 7 games
NY barely avoided a sweep

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
NY matches up better with Boston. Their last meeting NY was up by 30 at one point.

Reaction Score
I really don't want Ray to go to Miami. I hate the Heat. Two teams I could never root for: Heat and Lakers. The rest of them...I don't care. Ray would be a good addition to a young team like the Pacers.

Reaction Score
LOL, Knicks fans.

We heard the same thing before this season, and look who won the Atlantic and was a game away from the finals. Maybe the Knicks should...I dunno...win more than one game in the playoffs before you start proclaiming them to be the much better team?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
We had no point guard and was playing a one man show who had absolutely no consistent help. We were three games away from the Atlantic crown fella. The Boston Stranglehold of the division is over.

Reaction Score
We had no point guard and was playing a one man show who had absolutely no consistent help. We were three games away from the Atlantic crown fella. The Boston Stranglehold of the division is over.

And I'd be more willing to say it's Philly and not NY that will pick up the slack.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
We beat Philly 2-1 this year. Including a blowout in MSG. They're a nice team but got lucky with the Rose injury.

Reaction Score
Delusional.

You do know less than 5% of the Knicks' games are played against the Celtics, right? Why do you keep bringing up their season series (which, by the way, was 1-1...and 4-0 in the Celts' favor the year before) as proof that the Knicks will finish ahead?

The Celtics have won the division five years running, including a 2011-12 season where they had the best second-half record in the NBA despite being just as banged up as the Knicks. It's plausible that NY finishes ahead of them, but it shows your truly delusional you are that "Boston isn't one [of the teams] I'm too worried about."

Reaction Score
Correct my if I'm wrong, but don't you only have to match salaries if you're over the cap? So long as Okafor's contract doesn't put the Celtics over (NO might have to send cash, too), I think they can acquire him without matching salaries.

I don't see the Celtics doing this anyway (nor should they), so this is likely a moot point.
You could be correct, not sure how the cap restrictions work. ESPN's NBA trade machine wouldn't let me do that trade because the Celts are over the cap, but that could be because technically we are still in the 11-12 season and once the NBA calender or ESPN Trade Machine Cap calendar flips to 12-13 the trade is at least technically possible (I guess assuming NO is not over the cap too).

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Delusional.

You do know less than 5% of the Knicks' games are played against the Celtics, right? Why do you keep bringing up their season series (which, by the way, was 1-1...and 4-0 in the Celts' favor the year before) as proof that the Knicks will finish ahead?

The Celtics have won the division five years running, including a 2011-12 season where they had the best second-half record in the NBA despite being just as banged up as the Knicks. It's plausible that NY finishes ahead of them, but it shows your truly delusional you are that "Boston isn't one [of the teams] I'm too worried about."

Because the Knicks will win more games than the Celtics this year, thats why I'm not worried about the Celtics. With the talent we have coming back I don't see a reason why we couldn't win the division over an older Boston and a younger Philly team.

caw

Reaction Score
Because the Knicks will win more games than the Celtics this year, thats why I'm not worried about the Celtics. With the talent we have coming back I don't see a reason why we couldn't win the division over an older Boston and a younger Philly team.

The Celtics are a complete mystery this coming year. They have like 4 players under contract. I would hold off on this until you find out who is on what team for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom