Ray: OT | The Boneyard

Ray: OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Ray will celebrate his 39th birthday on Sunday. Now that the Cavs talk has died down, & there has been no further discussion (at least I haven't heard any) about retirement, what do you experts think he might do? Have there been any rumors about Ray going to another team? Is it possible that Miami hasn't offered him a contract?

Reaction Score
Could be getting ready for the next Kill Bill: http://instagram.com/p/qjciazgZXT/?modal=true

10554059_337105533113153_1690532401_n.jpg

Reaction Score
Died down? Just yesterday it was reported that Miller (assuming alongside LeBron) is trying to get Ray to come to Cleveland.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
He'll go to Hollywood if the money's not worth it . He also could / should sit out the season til the deadline and join a contender. That would give him more than enough rest. We are truly some fortunate fans . We got to watch this guy play at Uconn. We watched him have a hall a fame career for two decades. He broke an NBA record and starred in a decent movie . Now we'll get to go to the movies or turn on a sitcom and say " that's Our Guy". Less than a handful of programs have that - Miami ( Dwanye Johnson ), UNC ( Jordan ). And maybe a few others. And to think ,after all that ,the guy cried when it was time to leave Uconn . Can we build his statue outside the practice facility already . Beautiful!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He'll go to Hollywood if the money's not worth it . He also could / should sit out the season til the deadline and join a contender. That would give him more than enough rest. We are truly some fortunate fans . We got to watch this guy play at Uconn. We watched him have a hall a fame career for two decades. He broke an NBA record and starred in a decent movie . Now we'll get to go to the movies or turn on a sitcom and say " that's Our Guy". Less than a handful of programs have that - Miami ( Dwanye Johnson ), UNC ( Jordan ). And maybe a few others. I to think after all that the guy cried when it was time to leave Uconn . Can we build his statue outside the practice facility already . Beautiful!!!!!!!!
Here's what the statue should be: a huddle with JC and five players (we can debate who, but Ray is definitely one of them). Players on chairs or stooped hands on knees, JC standing above them, arms tightly crossed, gaze cocked off to the side, so as to assess the foul situation/clock/opposition/stare down a ref. KO in uniform standing behind JC shadowing him, arms on hips as he listens

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He'll go to Hollywood if the money's not worth it . He also could / should sit out the season til the deadline and join a contender. That would give him more than enough rest. We are truly some fortunate fans . We got to watch this guy play at Uconn. We watched him have a hall a fame career for two decades. He broke an NBA record and starred in a decent movie ******. Now we'll get to go to the movies or turn on a sitcom and say " that's Our Guy". Less than a handful of programs have that - Miami ( Dwanye Johnson ), UNC ( Jordan ). And maybe a few others. I to think after all that the guy cried when it was time to leave Uconn . Can we build his statue outside the practice facility already . Beautiful!!!!!!!!

******and got to have a threesome.

Horatio

Reaction Score
Here's what the statue should be: a huddle with JC and five players (we can debate who, but Ray is definitely one of them). Players on chairs or stooped hands on knees, JC standing above them, arms tightly crossed, gaze cocked off to the side, so as to assess the foul situation/clock/opposition/stare down a ref. KO in uniform standing behind JC shadowing him, arms on hips as he listens

The statue and who's on the statue is at least a 7 page thread alone and believe me , there will be a statue soon . My choice is Calhoun ( the captain/ architect ), Ray ( the ship ) , Chris Smith ( first big recruit) , Emeka ( scholar) and Calhoun's " son" , Caron. I'm sure there will be a team of Bone Yarders numbering in the hundreds trying to petition for John Selvie to be included.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Ray will celebrate his 39th birthday on Sunday. Now that the Cavs talk has died down, & there has been no further discussion (at least I haven't heard any) about retirement, what do you experts think he might do? Have there been any rumors about Ray going to another team? Is it possible that Miami hasn't offered him a contract?

I don't think anything about Ray is ever OT.

MrP

Reaction Score
He'll go to Hollywood if the money's not worth it

I've heard this sentiment a few times and can't for the life of me figure out how Ray could transition to a career in acting. The only movie he was ever in was almost 2 decades ago, and wasn't that good to begin with, and now he's going to just decide (as if Hollywood is just waiting for him) to be in sitcoms or movies? Why would a director/producer want him? I truly don't get this one. Am I missing something? Has he said he wants to act? Has he acted in other roles I don't know about?

Horatio

Reaction Score
I've heard this sentiment a few times and can't for the life of me figure out how Ray could transition to a career in acting. The only movie he was ever in was almost 2 decades ago, and wasn't that good to begin with, and now he's going to just decide (as if Hollywood is just waiting for him) to be in sitcoms or movies? Why would a director/producer want him? I truly don't get this one. Am I missing something? Has he said he wants to act? Has he acted in other roles I don't know about?

I get what your saying but I've heard the media talk about him having an acting career especially when the movie was out. Also, if Ice T, LL Cool J , Ice Cube , the Rock, etc. can have acting careers, so can Ray- Ray. John Sally's been in movies. Shaq's been in movies. Mike Tyson's been in movies. Don't kill the dream dude.

In 1998, Allen co-starred alongsideDenzel Washington in the Spike Lee filmHe Got Game as high school basketball phenomenon Jesus Shuttlesworth.Roger Ebert praised his performance and said Allen "is that rarity: an athlete who can act,"[33] while New Yorkmagazine described him as "graceful and fast in the basketball scenes" while giving "a somberly effective minimalist performance."[34] His role as Shuttlesworth earned him the nickname "Jesus" from teammates and fans.[35]

Allen also appeared as Marcus Blake in the 2001 film Harvard Man.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You don't actually have to be any good to be an actor. There's plenty of ones out there. You just have to have a name that sells. To top it off, Ray is a good looking dude too.

Also, I think Ray could get proficient at acting. His obsessive compulsive need to practice over and over goes hand in hand with learning and rehearsing lines. He'd probably be able to pick it up. Maybe he'd be a method actor a la Daniel Day Lewis.

And no, I'm not saying Ray will be Daniel Day Lewis.

Reaction Score

And Chief trying to get past security with his clipboard.

Reaction Score

He has stated to the media that he wants to get into acting.

In He Got Game, he delivered a solid performance and received critical acclaim as Horatio posted above.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Ray has to be heading to Cleveland in my opinion. He, like every NBA player wants the most possible rings before retiring, he enjoys having Lebron as a teammate not only cause of his skill but because of his dedication to success (vice versa), and probably one of the biggest reasons would be because Ray's OCD won't let him leave the game if he knows he can still get up and down the court (guy lives and breaths basketball tough to give up when he knows he can still play). I think the only thing that would really stop him from going would be based off of his family (not wanting to move again and/or spend more time with the family etc.) I just can't see him settling for just hitting the links yet. The idea mentioned above that he might sit out and join a contender is actually an interesting possibility I didn't think of but I can see that happening. Buttttttttttt I never actually met the guy so what do I know.

Reaction Score
Would Ray move his family short term if he left Miami?

Hell the latest incident may make a difference. I know what my wife would tell me after such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom