Ray Allen Sighting | The Boneyard

Ray Allen Sighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Hit a big three for the Heat earlier in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
David West and Stephenson gagging hard in overtime.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Odd that Hibbert was on the bench.

Reaction Score
He had a bad day, but you can see his value on the game-winner. LeBron drove to his left and there was no help defense to be found. Ray was in the left corner with his defender (Hansbrough) glued to his hip, oblivious, afraid to leave him.

Reaction Score
Pacers best chance right there. The game was called just as they needed it to be called, they hit a bunch of crazy shots, and Miami tried to give it to them. And they still lost. Those guys are going to be kicking themselves over this one for awhile.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Heat very fortunate to win this one and Ray could have easily been the goat (1 out of 8 shooting...most of which were wide open) and bricked a key free throw near the end of regulation.

Not sure at all why Vogel took Hibbert out at the key last few second opportunities...allowed LeBron to easily finish at the rim.

Reaction Score
Dont know how you dont have Hibbert in at the end, and wtf was David West doing shooting a fadeaway J with a ton of time left on the shot clock, oh well the Heat are gonna win the series anyways.

Reaction Score
Lebron just plays a different game than the rest of these cats.

Take him off the Heat and they're the Knicks.

He's just ridiculous - if you're not an NBA fan, you should fake it just to see this guy play.
A couple times I've sat right next to the basket at Heat games when they've played the Celtics in Boston. Sitting that close you get a real appreciation for how strong and quick he is. If he wants to get to the basket it's almost impossible to stop him.

Reaction Score
A couple times I've sat right next to the basket at Heat games when they've played the Celtics in Boston. Sitting that close you get a real appreciation for how strong and quick he is. If he wants to get to the basket it's almost impossible to stop him.

Those same seats gave me an appreciation for Paul Pierce that I didn't have from TV. He is/was a bull. Lebron has him beat physically by 1 inch and 15 lbs, all of which appears to be muscle.

Reaction Score
He looks close to 270 . still can't fathom why you don't double with west before the play starts. let battier hit a game winner or bosh catch a lob

Reaction Score
Just going off how George played LeBron, it looked as if he thought LeBron wanted to take a jumper or dish it to a shooter. Probably all of those jokes about LeBron not having a 4th quarter in the back of his mind.

Reaction Score
He looks close to 270 . still can't fathom why you don't double with west before the play starts. let battier hit a game winner or bosh catch a lob

I think leaving Battier or Ray wide open in that situation is a pretty crappy option though. They both shoot like 75% when unguarded. Ray in particular, has ice water in his veins. You have to double with a big and that will just lead to a foul call or a wide open Bosh/Haslem under the hoop. Dealing with Lebron is just like dealing with Jordan. You can't.

Reaction Score
Heat very fortunate to win this one and Ray could have easily been the goat (1 out of 8 shooting...most of which were wide open) and bricked a key free throw near the end of regulation.

After a year in which nearly all of our alums were relegated to horrible teams (Drummond, Kemba, BG, AJP, Emeka), diminished roles (Caron, Rip), or the D-League (Lamb), or held up as objects of ridicule (Rudy, CV, Thabeet), it's disappointing to see our only "successful" alum spit the bit in the biggest game of their season.

We might be way up there on the total salary list for NCAA alums, but we also have way more than our share of guys on the list of NBA busts and abysmal contracts.

Reaction Score
After a year in which nearly all of our alums were relegated to horrible teams (Drummond, Kemba, BG, AJP, Emeka), diminished roles (Caron, Rip), or the D-League (Lamb), or held up as objects of ridicule (Rudy, CV, Thabeet), it's disappointing to see our only "successful" alum spit the bit in the biggest game of their season.

We might be way up there on the total salary list for NCAA alums, but we also have way more than our share of guys on the list of NBA busts and abysmal contracts.

its but one game, albeit a poor one for Ray, and the Heat won so relax!

I can see a positive contribution from Ray going forward.

P.S. your rant would be justified if this was an NCAA-like one game playoff.

Reaction Score
I think leaving Battier or Ray wide open in that situation is a pretty crappy option though. They both shoot like 75% when unguarded. Ray in particular, has ice water in his veins. You have to double with a big and that will just lead to a foul call or a wide open Bosh/Haslem under the hoop. Dealing with Lebron is just like dealing with Jordan. You can't.

I'm a big fan of the pacers coach he's great. I cant recall a game winning layup by mj. 2.2 seconds is a very short time for two people involved in the play.theres no way battier is comfortable launching a shot with less than a second. Either way I'm taking that and not a line drive from bronny(which is 100% a finish or foul). regardless hindsight is 20/20, I'm just hoping for a good series.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Hey, thanks for stopping by, sunshine.

Reaction Score

Its called the NBA, lots of programs can say the same thing, we dont get one and cones like the Squid which dont really count as college players with the new 1 and done rule, so of course the NBA success rate will be higher when you get NBA ready players to go to college for a year. Ray is a HOF and is still playing at high level at nearly 40 years of age. Thabeet is the only true bust on that list.

Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of the pacers coach he's great. I cant recall a game winning layup by mj. 2.2 seconds is a very short time for two people involved in the play.theres no way battier is comfortable launching a shot with less than a second. Either way I'm taking that and not a line drive from bronny(which is 100% a finish or foul). regardless hindsight is 20/20, I'm just hoping for a good series.

with 2 seconds, you dont expect a guy to get a clean drive either when you force him to catch it near the 3pt line running AWAY from the hoop. lebron made that look easy, but thats a ridiculous move where he is already planting and pivoting his body before he catches the ball and leaves a great defender in the dust. i would have still liked to see hibbert in, but i thought not having him in the possession before where lebron got a layup was a lot worse

edit; i guess you were talking about doubling with west. wouldnt mind that but if anybody will make the correct and accurate pass there its lebron ...thats why hes the best, obviously

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Its called the NBA, lots of programs can say the same thing, we dont get one and cones like the Squid which dont really count as college players with the new 1 and done rule, so of course the NBA success rate will be higher when you get NBA ready players to go to college for a year. Ray is a HOF and is still playing at high level at nearly 40 years of age. Thabeet is the only true bust on that list.

Okafor and BG are slowly getting there for being such high picks.

Reaction Score
Okafor and BG are slowly getting there for being such high picks.

Theres a difference between not living up to the hype and being a bust. Okafor has a career average of 12.3 ppt 9.9 rpg, he was never much of scorer even at Uconn. Gordon 15.9 ppg, he is more of a Jason Terry, Jamal Crawford type thats not bad, yeah he got that huge contract from Detroit and never lived up to it but how many guys in the NBA do. Its the NBA, BG and Emeka are both in their early 30s and are doing fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom